Hello to all !
Apr 2, 2005 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

canloader

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,
Great site-
I have been scanning the forums for awhile now and I'd like to say hello.
I am an avid audiophile and have listened to many Stax, Senn's, BDynamic..etc But never really ventured beyond my Sony's for a quick listen late at night. I know all to well how these things start so I tried to ignore that little voice that keeps saying.. Setup a top notch listening station.. Nice little tube amp, headphones on a stand... You guys know. Well, no longer to wait. I have a pair of SA-5000's on the way from a fellow Headfier and thus begins the quest for an amp.
Looking forward to swapping opinions and hardware.

Yea!

Apr 2, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 15
*insert standard Head-fi Greeting*

"Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet."

wink.gif

-Ed

Apr 2, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 15
Way to go! The SA5000's would seem to be a head first dive into the pool, rather than a cautious dip of the toes. Let us know what you think once they arrive.

Apr 3, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 15
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I know all too well the damage good audio equipment can cost. Check my profile for some of the equipment I use. Yes Diving head first is a good way to put it. I would like to pick up the CD3000's also to do a little comparison. Going by the specs I see the 3000's are a standard 20-20Khz freq response and the SA-5000's are something like 6Hz to 110K.. ?! Oh well its gonna be fun. I'm gonna cruise the FS forum and beg for someone to sell their CD-3000's. There's a few places online I've found but who ever heard of "dealz.net" .. Anyhow I will post my opinions as soon as things arrive. And yes, that is a picture of me in the avatar. Less than a year old and my Parents were feeding me HiFi -

Apr 5, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #9 of 15
Hmm... I wonder where you're getting your SA5000s from.... could it be from moi?? Hehehe...

Apr 5, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #10 of 15
welcome to the forum

Like your avatar!! Is that your kid... what a cutie!!

Heres my kid headbanging to Dreamtheater and Queensryche.

ATH-910
401268_256_full.jpg

Little basshead - DT770
401268_257_full.jpg

Garrett

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #13 of 15
Welcom to the fold. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Wallets need not apply here, just when you think you're finished with upgrading along comes something else new and exiting to be had. Look foward to hearing your impressions on the SA5000's.

Apr 6, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #14 of 15
Hi Everyone,
Yeas- the SA's are coming from IL. Thanks again Joey-
Garrett cute, cute. Got to start them early as my parents did. Actually that is me in the avatar. Not even one year old and the cans were loaded up. hahaa. I would like to post some pics of my gear soon but between work and school I'm cruising the forums on my Sprint-Pocket PC(PPC-6600) with a 1Gb SD card so a few songs come along. Posting with the slider keypad isn't so bad either. Hopefully pics by this weekend. There is a local Hi-End shop here in San Diego called Stereo Design. (Check them out on the wwweb) they have porcelin busts of some of the best music composers wearing Senn's Grado's etc.. for demo. Sounds like some good research. There is some really nice stuff there.
Talk to ya soon -
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back