hello! i want to make friends here !
Jun 15, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #31 of 42
Thank you Redshifter!
Hiwire,Zuerst and Tiberian, it seems that you can speak some Chinese already. I'm very happy to meet you here!
Here is guy who has been driven to crazy because of the amp for K1000.
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
Try to read it. I can read simple Chinese, but the tradtional is hard for me.
http://www.erji.net/dispbbs.asp?boardID=2&ID=54759

Jun 15, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #33 of 42
windforce, your English is quite good. You seem to be missing a fair amount of American slang and idiom, but you'll pick that up pretty easily around here. It's very common in casual English.

As for me learning Chinese.... well, yeah, as soon as pigs start flying. (See? There's an idiomatic phrase, and I didn't even do it on purpose.
tongue.gif
)

- Chris

Jun 15, 2004 at 5:34 AM Post #34 of 42
I too can't speak Mandarin.
frown.gif
Both my parents can speak Mandarin and Cantonese fluently. They both make sure that I don't loose whatever skills I have left in speaking and understanding Cantonese by constantly speaking to me in Cantonese and I have to speak in Cantonese with my grandmother as she doesn't understand any English.

Jun 15, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #35 of 42
hi Windforce!

Welcome! Your typed English is wonderful. It must take you a long time to reply, if you are learning while you type.

I have been to Hong Kong many times and to Singapore a few times, but have not travelled inland.

Did you have an interest in Headphones or High Fidelity before you found this site? Many of us would be interested to hear you tell us about the gear you have heard, and what equipment you have or use.

There are many tube designs coming out of China, and there are some here who will listen with rapt attention to any descriptions or reports on the equipment you have seen and heard.

Again, Welcome, and yeah, we are all sorry about your wallet, or moneybucket.

Guy

Jun 15, 2004 at 1:56 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by windforce
Thank you gpalmer, I know it. Infact, the Chinese poem can't translate to any other language AT ALL ! For eg,
君不见黄河之水天上来,
奔流到海不复回。
君不见高堂明镜悲白发,
朝如青丝暮成雪。
人生得意须尽欢,
莫使金樽空对月。
天生我材必有用,
千金散尽还复来。
……

I'm sure nobody can translate such things.
cool.gif
You can get the meanings, but all the beautiful things of Chinese poem lost!

I think it's honestly because no-one's tried too hard. Japanese poems and writings can sometimes be translated quite successfully.

Jun 15, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #37 of 42
[size=large]成 [/size]

Well your posts have been very enlightening to me. Since now I know how to write my last name in Chinese! (my father was from Nangking, but he moved to the US when he was 9 and forgot how to speak and read Chinese).

Jun 15, 2004 at 6:18 PM Post #38 of 42
windforce, welcome to Head-Fi brother. I'm from Taiwan and I'm humbly willing to help you in English, although my English is not good at all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #39 of 42
Thank you so much!
Brothers here are so friendly to me, I'm very happy~~

Referred to what kind of headphones I'm using now, oh, I just own portable CD player and use in-ear phones at the moment. ( it should be called "earplug" , I just looked up it in my dictionary
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
)I want to buy a HD650 and amp and a cd player suitable for it, however, as you say " SORRY FOR MY WALLET
600smile.gif
. Some guys suggest that I should buy some lower ones such as px serious, PortaPro, m1, sr80 and so on, but I think those things are waste of money.

I'm still a student. Not like that of the US, it is not easy for Chinese students to earn moeny while they are at school. Import things are expensive, take er4 for example, with 300 us $ (2400 RMB), you can live for at least 6 months in any city. (except Hongkong , haha) (Infact RMB has great 实际购买力/實際購買力)

Yes, it takes me a long time to reply, I have to look up words...........

( maybe there are grammatical mistakes, help me)

Jun 16, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #40 of 42
I would advise you to save your money. As long as you can enjoy your music, audiophilia should be less important than your studies and living in reasonable conditions.

Jun 16, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by windforce
with 300 us $ (2400 RMB), you can live for at least 6 months in any city. (except Hongkong , haha)

i can easily spend 300 usd in a week when i was in HK.

Jul 4, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #42 of 42
You must have been doing a lot of shopping
600smile.gif

I can last about a month on US$300... and my parents complain about how much money I spend~

Late hello to windforce--sorry I can't type Chinese at all
redface.gif
I can read traditional and simplified just fine though, so type away!
600smile.gif

*looks at rules and regulations*

er, never mind
lambda.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back