Hello, I need some help and advice
May 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #16 of 21

Why would you even want to do that? It was popular with Grados because for starters the chassis design makes it easy; and then to some it corrects some other flaw they find in them where correcting it with a different headphone may lose the kind of Grado flavor they like, for example using a longer chamber to get more bass,or a spacer or an adapter for different pads for comfort. Also, technically any headphone cup can be swapped out, it's a question if you have the right tools and skills, but in some cases the plastic housing doesn't have too much resonance or produces a good enough response; or they're harder to do, and will make the headphone look worse rather than how good Grados look with wood.

http://www.headphile.com/

I'm guessing he means the pads, not cups. 

that whole issue is WAY overrated IMO. Go and read the reviews from X1 owners and you will find TONS of praise & satisfaction for them, with many stating that they sound better than headphones that retail for over $500.

May 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #21 of 21
K550s work well on pretty much most mobile devices. I use a Sansa Clip+, Sansa Clip Zip, and Galaxy Note 2 with mine. Never bother to use my headphone amp with them.

BTW: if you could use a DAP so you aren't using your iPhone battery, the Sansa Clip+ and Clip Zip run around $30 but have SQ up there with the iPhone. And the storage is expandable with a micro SD card. They are also tiny, so don't take up any room in your pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back