Hello Hi-Fi ! Goodbye wallet! (Need suggestions!)
Apr 8, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #16 of 24
ATH A900 doesn't need an amp, works well for your kind of music, and is closed. I wouldn't use an open headphone in your environment - it seems kind of noisy. If you want something a little smaller for office use (A900 is kinda big), AKG K81DJ or Sennheiser HD25SP are also good options.

Apr 9, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips
First off I want to say that my budget is up to... let's say, $150. I think thats a good start off.

I had been using HD590 for 18 months and was dreaming of an amp, then I upgraded my soundcard from Audigy2 to EMU0404 and disappointingly didn't hear an improvement. Then I gave it a 2nd chance and bought an amp but didn't hear an improvement (perhaps too high expectations?). I was disappointed but decided to give this hobby and 3rd chance and bought K501...and whoops, a year later I had spent $24k!

obsessive.audiophile.jpg

So based on my experience you should get HD595 without an amp, unless you want to turn into a fasting bum who is eating garbage on streets just to afford his next upgrade...

Apr 9, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #20 of 24
lol! Yeah that would be pretty interesting.

Alas, from swt61 and wowie11's review on the Goldring DR150's, I made a order with Mantra Audio even though they say that they are out of stock. Just hope that they won't be for too long...

Apr 9, 2006 at 9:26 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
obsessive.audiophile.jpg

Well I think we can use that to show people we're not kidding about the wallet thing!

Dig the filename by the way.

Apr 9, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips
lol! Yeah that would be pretty interesting.

Alas, from swt61 and wowie11's review on the Goldring DR150's, I made a order with Mantra Audio even though they say that they are out of stock. Just hope that they won't be for too long...

You have been assimilated. Resistance is futile. Wellcome to the club! I hope you love 'em as much as i do!

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
I had been using HD590 for 18 months and was dreaming of an amp, then I upgraded my soundcard from Audigy2 to EMU0404 and disappointingly didn't hear an improvement. Then I gave it a 2nd chance and bought an amp but didn't hear an improvement (perhaps too high expectations?). I was disappointed but decided to give this hobby and 3rd chance and bought K501...and whoops, a year later I had spent $24k!

obsessive.audiophile.jpg

So based on my experience you should get HD595 without an amp, unless you want to turn into a fasting bum who is eating garbage on streets just to afford his next upgrade...

eek.gif

this is very scary
icon10.gif

from a new member

Users who are viewing this thread

Back