Hello from the Caymans!
Aug 20, 2004 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
I'm typing this at Wayne's (thanks Wayne!)... anyway, I'm aware that my website (see the Audiogeek sponsor link above) is down at the moment and I won't be able to fix it until I return to Seattle. Similarly, because I don't have an internet connection beyond Wayne's laptop, please pardon my (rather delayed) responses to your emails and inquiries.

Aug 20, 2004 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 37
wow that's a far way off from seattle. Are you on vacation?

Aug 20, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 37
No, it's a business trip.
wink.gif

Yeah, I'm down here for some scuba diving and the Cayman Islands Ultra-Micro-Mini-Meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 20, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 37
Eric has been over twice now and is working his way through most of the gear. Oddly enough, he seems to be spending a lot of time with the Orpheus system, half of which he has at home. It will be interested to see how he thinks the HEV90 stacks up against his KGSS.

Aug 20, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 37
pffft...talk about a vacation! Goes to the tropics to listen to a Orpheus!
icon10.gif

Aug 21, 2004 at 8:54 AM Post #9 of 37
Eric,
You are one lucky SOB!!! Enjoy your time there and I want you to spend as much time with the fish and scuba diving as you are with the headphones.
biggrin.gif
Although that might pretty difficult seeing as how Wmcmanus has aquired his own version of a *golden tressure* on that island! Have fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
No, it's a business trip.
wink.gif

Yeah, I'm down here for some scuba diving and the Cayman Islands Ultra-Micro-Mini-Meet
smily_headphones1.gif

It's dirty work, but somebody's GOT to do it. You lucky DAWG!!!

Aug 22, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #11 of 37
hehe do stay as long as you wish down there, i really dont mind babysitting your kgss, omega2s, he90s hehe.

Aug 24, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #14 of 37
That's my favorite part about meets is meeting and talking with people. I have a hard time shutting up and listening to gear.

Hopefully my business will take off, and I can shelter....I mean, invest some of my assets in the Cayman Islands just to have an excuse to visit Wayne.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Aug 24, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #15 of 37
http://www.audiogeek.net/images/Cayman/Cayman.html

The HEV90 is better than I'd remembered it from my auditioning at WoH Tour, Winlock, and Magnolia Hi-Fi. "Tubes done right" if you will. Almost the detail of the KGSS, a nice warm tubey touch, and enough bass to get the HE90s rockin'.

The R10/Angstrom was impressive. The Angstrom was much too warm and tubey with the HP-2s, but it just worked with the R10s. Not anywhere near the wide-open feeling of the HE90s, but very nice indeed. The CD3000-Woodies seemed to be a more agressive and less refined version of the R10...

By far the most impressive thing I heard there was Wayne's speaker-and-k1000 hybrid setup. By combining his two-channel speaker rig with the K1000s, he's created a monster whose soundstage is more or less mind-blowing. It's just gotta be heard to be believed! Think holographic. If someone did that with a full 5 channel surround setup... man. The K1000s add just that touch of high-frequency information that speakers don't, and maannn... K1000 owners, try it!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back