Heir 4.ai or Weston W4 or ie80
May 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tvp480

New Head-Fier
I am ready to buy one of these 3 IEM. But i am having trouble deciding, hopefully one of you audiophile can help me. I have narrow down to these 3 IEM, Heir 4.ai or Weston W4  or ie80

I listen to trance and alternative and adele 

I have found ie80 to be the cheapest, Second is  Weston w4. As for heir 4.ai being the most expensive but i only can find it on there main website. Any suggestion greatly appreciated  Thanks in advance

May 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 10
I can't speak for the IE80...  I would say W4 over the 4.Ai for your preferences. 

May 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 10
Those seem to be 3 very different IEM's - I happen to love my IE8's.... but the bass of the IE80 might be a bit overboard for your preferred music... The Westone and 4AI are much faster (BA) than the big dynamic from Sennheiser.

May 6, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 10
I sold the IE80 before I bought the 4Ai, and I am a happy camper. Given the cost difference, 4Ai is a no-brainer vs the IE80 in terms SQ, isolation & build quality.

May 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
I am ready to buy one of these 3 IEM. But i am having trouble deciding, hopefully one of you audiophile can help me. I have narrow down to these 3 IEM, Heir 4.ai or Weston W4  or ie80

I listen to trance and alternative and adele 

I have found ie80 to be the cheapest, Second is  Weston w4. As for heir 4.ai being the most expensive but i only can find it on there main website. Any suggestion greatly appreciated  Thanks in advance

Normally the price tags should sit the other way around... Where do u live?? 

May 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
id go for the w4r if you can, personally the removeable cable allows for you to farther improve the sound quality with a upgrade cable

If I'm not mistaken, all three models have removable cables.  Actually, the 4.Ai uses the same cable as the Westone W4Rs :p  So the upgrade ability of the IEM won't really make it any better than the others.  I do still feel that at the stock, the W4R > 4.Ai in terms of technical ability.

May 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #10 of 10
You can consider the fischer amps fa 3e xb i have them along the sm3 v2 and the sony ex1000 and i prefer the fischers over them and i also think they are techically better. the kind of sound will fit your preferences better with loads of bass clarity detail and separation, they have removable cables too and are cheaper than the others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back