Heed canamp question
May 31, 2007 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

XENOPHOS

100+ Head-Fier
I got my canamp like 4 hours ago and I was wondering if it was normal when I turn the volume to max when nothing is running to hear the humming sound? my soundcard is a really old soundblaster and I don't have an external dac so I think the source is to blame. and is there a certain way to unplug the headphones from the amp? like turn it on then plug it in and then when your done, turn it off and then remove the phones....or remove first and then turn off.....or what?

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 6
upgrading from my previous LD2+, i'd got used to turn the volume knob all the way down, plug in the headphones, set to normal listening volume again.
wink.gif
same goes to disconnecting my headphones from my Heed.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 6
Mine' the opposite. When I turn down the volume and no music is playing, I hear a radio signal through my headphones. not too much on my K601, but moreso on my Grados.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 6
i tried unplugging it from the soundcard and the hum was just barely audible so the card was making it. but the very very slight hum....is that from not having the amp grounded or something? i really don't have any idea of what i'm talking about
blink.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by XENOPHOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i tried unplugging it from the soundcard and the hum was just barely audible so the card was making it. but the very very slight hum....is that from not having the amp grounded or something? i really don't have any idea of what i'm talking about
blink.gif

Get a cheater plug ($2 at Home Depot) and rotate 180 degrees. If the hum goes away you are done my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back