Heed Canamp or Pico?
Jan 24, 2008 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

selfdivider

100+ Head-Fier
So this may be a stupid question, I realize, comparing a standalone model w/ the portable. But I'd like to decide between these two amps. I just bought AKG K701 & Sennheiser PXC450. I intend to use a headphone amp inside but am not really set on using it outside (although with the Pico, I'll probably take w/ me.)

So can you even compare Heed Canamp vs Pico, SQ-wise? I don't know much about headphone amps and the technology. But I'm really interested in what you say about this, whether or not I can take the Pico seriously should I decide on it as my headphone amp.

Jan 24, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 6
I just recently sold my Heed Canamp, and I'm very interested with Pico.
Currently my little Xin Supermacro III v6 + iMod, driving my K701.
The combo able to drive my K701 to loud volume, but it lost the fullness of Heed Canamp sound, the airy soundstaging become less wide than Heed does to K701.

I'm sure many Pico owner here own K701, and claim Pico is able to drive K701... but I still believe you better off driving a K701 with desktop amp instead of a portable amp.

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 6
Asr had a review of the CanAmp (along with several other desktop amps). He paired the 701 and CanAmp as having good synergy. This seems to mostly be based on the CanAmp's elevated bass matching well to the 701 lesser bass (just reporting what I've read, I haven't listened).

Dan at Blackbird Audio can set you up with the CanAmp (he gave me a discounted price for being a Head-Fi member). Super guy to do business with.

Jan 24, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dan at Blackbird Audio can set you up with the CanAmp (he gave me a discounted price for being a Head-Fi member). Super guy to do business with.

Can you tell me how much I can expect to pay? I don't even know how much these things run generally... Thanks, mchang!

Jan 24, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 6
You've got PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back