Heed Canalot thread
Mar 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #16 of 28
  Guys Heed just sent me the CanAlot 3 with the built in USB DAC and optional power supply. I will be posting stuff as I move about with it and this will have a full review in a few months. Just going through the initial listening session first night with it set up sounds very promising. I know Jodet(Mike) been asking. I will be doing work with it over the next several months.

Cool...looking forward to your impressions Frank!

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #19 of 28
I have the Heed Canalot here for review....Just getting started. I am shooting for a November review on Headphone Guru...

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #20 of 28
  I have the Heed Canalot here for review....Just getting started. I am shooting for a November review on Headphone Guru...

It is a wonderful amplifier. I had it for a while and liked it. Very punchy sound. In the long run I preferred my Meier Concerto though. I look forward to read your impressions. :)

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #21 of 28

It is a wonderful amplifier. I had it for a while and liked it. Very punchy sound. In the long run I preferred my Meier Concerto though. I look forward to read your impressions. :)

Thanks Ras...I did notice it want to be fully warmed up to provide its best sound.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #22 of 28
The review is going to the editor shortly....

Dec 7, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #23 of 28
Hi there. I´ll revive this old thread by sharing a review I just posted. This little amp deserves more attention

The Headphoneer - Heed Canalot III Review

Heed-Canalot-DSC_9289-small.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #25 of 28
Hi , not much interest in this very nice amp...
I own one, paired with Q-PSU and Dactilus and very happy with it.
I am wondering if there is any difference betweeb Canalot and Canalot III? Can anyone comment ?

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #26 of 28
I like the modular aspect of HEED gear. The Canalot seems to be a well thought out headphone amplifier; especially given the ability to use outboard power supplies with it. However, the Obelisk X2 ps is a nice power supply, but pricey. I wonder if I can use my Naim Hicap with a Canalot or Canalot III... It would certainly make delving into a Canalot more appealing for me. Happy Holidays! 😊

Jan 6, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #27 of 28
Hi everyone, is there any way to set gain on the Canalot? I can’t go beyond 25% of the volume…it gets too loud after that
If I could lower the gain then I could play more with volume
Thanks
Ale

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #28 of 28
IMG20240411145824.jpg

see if i can revive some interest in this amp.

short story; i had some discrete op-amps which had no use. They did not work for my taste in my Burson Audio products i own.

That got me thinking, was it possible toi change the op-amps in the Heed Canalot ( which was collecting dust after no use)

I open up the unit, sure there are 2 x single op-amps that could be replaced

Installed 2 x of https://www.sonicimagerylabs.com/products/Model992DiscreteOpAmp-Ticha.html.

okay?

wasn't expecting anything. Let the amp stay on for an hour, then played music.

All i can say is, what an incredible transformation. The sound is detailed, musical and also hard hitting. Bass and drums sound so alive with huge impact.

Shout out to Sonic Imagery Labs! The Heed Canalot sounds incredible, if you can find a canalot at a great price second hand, jump on it asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back