Heed Audio Dactilus anyone?
Nov 16, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #34 of 34
Some late breaking news from Heed that I think applies to this thread as well, is their introduction of a new headphone amplifier called the Canalot which also uses the Q-PSU external power supply and like the Obelisk Si, has the ability to be fitted with the optional Dactilus DAC card v 1.2!
I've posed a bit about it in the CanAmp group thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/192190/heed-canamp/2745#post_8407510

Have a great day everyone!

Dan

Bumping this thread: I recently purchased a Heed Canalot with the Q-PSU power supply. There's not much written about this
headphone amplifier, despite its being a very capable piece of gear. The Q-PSU that was included with my Canalot was
the later version with the regulated power supply and dual power outputs. As far as the dac option with the Canalot is concerned, I believe that the S/PDIF input is standard, however, does not actually include the dactilus 1.2 card. As I understand it, the dac card can be ordered as an option for $400 US at the time the Canalot is purchased new, or added by the user at a later time, and then easily installed by the user in a dedicated slot on the Canalot's motherboard.

The Heed Dactilus can also be purchased as a dedicated dac built into a chassis that matches the Canalot and its Q-PSU power
supply. I believe that the price (as of 2022) is around $750 US.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back