HeAudio Jade and HE1.2/1.3: how many are using them and are you happy with them so far?
Aug 26, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #47 of 73

Quote:
I contacted Head-Direct to ask if the Jade was still in stock, and despite in being listed on the website still, I can assure you it is NOT currently in stock. I was told that they'd check to see when it might be back in stock, and thus far haven't heard anything.

Sorry to say, I wouldn't hold your breath.
I mentioned right after Chicago CanJam that I'd heard from a very reliable source that they weren't going to be distributed in the US until further notice. Folks didn't believe me stating that they were still offered on the HeadDirect web site.
You can always try to see if Fang will special order a pair for you.

Aug 27, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #48 of 73
Well . . .I am now a proud member of the HE Audio JADE's club, having just purchased a Jade (formerly owned by Tyrion and Jigster).
Looks like I'll be working overtime, but also listening overtime shortly.  This latest purchase also now puts an eXStatA to the top of my wants list.
After hearing that they are no longer in production, does anyone know exactly how many of these (now legendary) final production Jades are out there?
Back to my LCD-2s until the Jades arrive.

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #49 of 73
Well, it looks like I'm going to be a member of the Jade club as well now. I purchased HeadphoneAddict's the other day, and I must say I'm honored he gave me priority before putting it up in the sale forum.

Could it be that I'm the only female Jade owner in the world? Crazy.

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #51 of 73
Fellow Jade owners,

I got my Jade yesterday. Gorgeous looking and sounding headphones. Unfortunately, I noticed that there's a faint hiss / crackling in the left channel. The weird thing is, the previous owner didn't have any problems with this. My amp is a regular old Stax SRM-323A, and my SR-404s work just fine on it with no hiss whatsoever.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? After I drain the bias charge and plug them back in, it takes about five seconds for the hiss to start. It's a skittering noise a first, coming in and out. In about a minute, it's a constant faint hiss.

Maybe I need to send Fang an e-mail...

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #52 of 73

Quote:
Hm... so is this permanent halting of production or a lull before a new version becomes available?

I'm not sure if production is actually stopped. What I heard was that Fang doesn't want to distribute them until HE can make a more consistent product.
I don't believe that there's more than one or two folks building these. The way they're constructed is more akin to the work of a luthier (guitar builder) than an electronics company.
I kind of doubt that Fang is going to be interested in carrying them again now that he's selling those orthos.

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #53 of 73

Quote:
I'm not sure if production is actually stopped. What I heard was that Fang doesn't want to distribute them until HE can make a more consistent product.
I don't believe that there's more than one or two folks building these. The way they're constructed is more akin to the work of a luthier (guitar builder) than an electronics company.
I kind of doubt that Fang is going to be interested in carrying them again now that he's selling those orthos.

Fang had previously assured me that they would still build them to order in the future if people wanted them, even if they weren't stocked anymore, as long as they were on the website.  He also previously said that they would be able to support them and repair them long into the foreseeable future.  I suspect that they are not making them regularly, nor stocking then unless there is an order for one; but I've not heard anything about them being discontinued.  

Sep 4, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #54 of 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone else had a similar problem? After I drain the bias charge and plug them back in, it takes about five seconds for the hiss to start. It's a skittering noise a first, coming in and out. In about a minute, it's a constant faint hiss.

I think most if not all of them suffer from this issue, Elephas's set which I had certainly did.  No electrostatic is supposed to do that...

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #55 of 73

Quote:

When I had this kind of problem with my Jade it was because there was dust/hair stuck on the driver under the grill. After I had removed the dust, the hiss/noise disappeared. 

Sep 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #57 of 73

Quote:
Spritzer, mine never did that until they went down to Houston. In 20 months I never heard it do that. Nor did anyone else who tried them.

Thanks HeadphoneAddict for the reassurance - mine have yet to come in, and Spritzers comment had me quite disconcerted,
considering the cost of these phones and their highly lauded quality.

Sep 4, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #59 of 73
"I think most if not all of them suffer from this issue"

That has got to be one of the most irresponsible comments I've ever seen on HeadFi (and that's saying something).  Seriously Spritzer, you are rapidly becoming the spastic colon of HeadFi - all you do is spew crap.

Mine never hiss.  If they all did this, no one would keep them.  Frankly, I kind of wonder about the seller in the referenced situation.

Hey, they're not O2s (thank god!) get over it.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back