HeAudio 1.2B owners poll
Feb 10, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 13
I am seriously considering to buy one.
But have decided to wait for the first user feedback before I decide. Cause there are reported quite audible differences between the 1.2 and the 1.3, and I am wondering how the 1.2b will sound compared to those.

The vendor certainly don't make it easy when he change design, color, sound signature (and more?) all the time...
frown.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am seriously considering to buy one.
But have decided to wait for the first user feedback before I decide. Cause there are reported quite audible differences between the 1.2 and the 1.3, and I am wondering how the 1.2b will sound compared to those.

The vendor certainly don't make it easy when he change design, color, sound signature (and more?) all the time...
frown.gif

Kai .... I was pretty undecided for some time but I just went with my gut feeling and went for it. 30 days to return. Its painless.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 13
I ordered a them. I have the prototype 1.2 at the moment (thank immtbiker) and I'm really enjoying them out of an 007t. I sold my 02s as I preferred the 1.2 after extensive listening at the Mayberry meet out of an 007tII and ES-1.
To my ears, it's a more balanced sound. I had a tough time deciding between them and the Stax 4070.

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 13
I was considering getting one, but the 2 month wait time is putting me off (already got some of those going).
Plus it looks like there may still be some things that change with the design, which is a hassle for us EU people to ship back if you want the updated version.

Feb 14, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #6 of 13
I am currently revisiting my favorite CD's with the 1.2B's and:

"We're having a lovely time...wish you were here" (The Who, Odds and Sods, "Postcard")
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 13
I ordered them sight unheard. I was getting the itch to go Electrostatic again. Unfortunately the HE-90's are too rich and as far as Stax are concerned,... Been there and done that.

What's the worst that can happen? They suck
eek.gif
, and I'm stuck with an expensive conversation piece. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Feb 23, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 13
I'm on the fence and probably won't get off for a while. If my ES-1 would ever get here, maybe I'd be more motivated to give them a try. I liked their sound at the Mayberry meet, but pretty much have the bases covered with the HE90, O2, 4070 and 404. I'll listen to them some more at the national meet and give it some more thought to see if they add some sort of unusual flavor that the others miss, but I don't think so.

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #10 of 13
i should have my 1.2B in about a month, an exchange for my 1.3 - aka, the uglier, less popular and now disowned, or discontinued, step brother.

Feb 24, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a them. I have the prototype 1.2 at the moment (thank immtbiker) and I'm really enjoying them out of an 007t. I sold my 02s as I preferred the 1.2 after extensive listening at the Mayberry meet out of an 007tII and ES-1.
To my ears, it's a more balanced sound. I had a tough time deciding between them and the Stax 4070.

I ordered a pair...30 day return if you don't like = win/win

Mike: Regarding the Mayberry meet, of course there seemed to be a lot of disfavor of the He1.x vs. the 90 : just saying, it's good to see that you gave them extended listening.

Considering you chose them over the O2 and 4070 says quite a bit. Hopefully, that isn't the case for me. Depending on genre of music, I always found myself preferring one (O2/4070) over the other; however, a quick adjustment of the pads on the O2 changes the delivery of the sound. Were you able to experiment with this? The 4070 is the same, somewhat...it gives a different presentation depending on how you have them set over your ears...too many variables; isn't this hobby great!

Cliff

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #12 of 13
when did Winny change his name to HeAudio? And when did he start selling his estat without the amp?

anyway... rock on winny...the 1st China-developed-made electrostat....one small step for him, one giant step for the Chinese hi-fi manufacturing.

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #13 of 13
Pulled the trigger after the fairfax meet. Just waiting.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back