Hearing my mouse through my headphones!
Aug 4, 2007 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ueyteuor

1000+ Head-Fier
so I have my pimeta amp disassembled and im listening to it with my dt770s. the mouse cable was underneath the amp, and i had the music mute for a little, and while im moving the mouse arrow, i can hear noise through my headphones, and when I would click. pretty weird.

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably interference.

Agreed. Definitely sounds like interference. Is it a cordless mouse?

Aug 4, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 17
What source? If you were using the PC as the source, the PC sends all sorts of noises out in any analogue signal, except, maybe, if you have a high end soundcard.

With the Lineout on my AV710 into the RPX-33 I hear everything the PC does, it drives me nuts.

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. Definitely sounds like interference. Is it a cordless mouse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ueyteuor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so I have my pimeta amp disassembled and im listening to it with my dt770s. [size=medium]the mouse cable was underneath the amp[/size], and i had the music mute for a little, and while im moving the mouse arrow, i can hear noise through my headphones, and when I would click. pretty weird.

it sais cable right there
tongue.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 17
I had a simliar problem with computer generated noise and everything I found online told me that it was probably a grounding issue inside the computer. In other words, something somewhere was touching something it shouldn't and leaking some current. Apparently it's not exactly the mouse you're hearing, but actually the videocard.

I took the whole computer apart, made sure nothing was touching anywhere, insulated where I thought there might even be a chance of something touching, and . . . it was still there.

Other online posts I found suggested it was RF interference in the case, again originating with the video card.

In the end, I bought a Fubar II USB DAC and not only is the problem gone, the sound quality improved dramatically over my old Audigy2.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 17
It happens when you have crappy soundcard, and sensitive headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually only one thing might help you, try short circuiting all the inputs of your soundcard.

Aug 4, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #11 of 17
The current through the mouse cable is not enough to cause distortion unless your amp is very poorly designed. Try moving the mouse cable away from the amp. The interference will probably still be there.

Aug 4, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitemonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but actually the videocard... again originating with the video card.

I think I had this problem at one time or another, and it was a video card issue. I think I remember a similar noise issue when there was a lot of white on screen, but I could be making that up.

Aug 5, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #14 of 17
I think it happens with any soundcard that ouputs analogue from the PC. You just don't hear it wih the better soundards unless you have a high end amp. I heard nothing bad from the AV-710 through the Xin, but everything is clearly audible through the RPX-33.

I can hear the sound that every component in the PC makes, when I get a new message there is electrical noise. The noise sounds different whether the mouse button is up or down. Even using the keyboard, I now know the sound of a window minimizing or opening.

Aug 5, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #15 of 17
Digital noise is everywhere and hard to isolate. The DAW's are expensive but built for the best digital sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back