Hearing Loss...?
Sep 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fleasbaby

Member of the Trade: Wabi Sabi Headphones
Just wondering…given all the warnings regarding headphone use and its dangers to your hearing, I was wondering if any of the older members of the forum have any advice to offer the rest of us regarding listening habits and headphone purchases.

I know audiologists recommend noise-cancelling, over-the-ear models, and I have been told to stick to 60% or less of my player’s volume capabilities for the majority of my listening…does anyone else have a valuable lesson learned from an audiologist’s visit?

I might be getting all misty eyed because I have pushed over onto the wrong side of thirty, and have a child now….but I figured if anywhere would have a pool of wisdom and experience in the matter, it would be head-fi.org…

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Just wondering…given all the warnings regarding headphone use and its dangers to your hearing, I was wondering if any of the older members of the forum have any advice to offer the rest of us regarding listening habits and headphone purchases.

I know audiologists recommend noise-cancelling, over-the-ear models, and I have been told to stick to 60% or less of my player’s volume capabilities for the majority of my listening…does anyone else have a valuable lesson learned from an audiologist’s visit?

I might be getting all misty eyed because I have pushed over onto the wrong side of thirty, and have a child now….but I figured if anywhere would have a pool of wisdom and experience in the matter, it would be head-fi.org…

I find it amusing that you post a question to the older members of the forum using a tiny font size. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 5
Hehehehehe....

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #4 of 5
im also suffering from slight hearing loss, just did a hearing test and found out my hearing isnt as good as i thought it was =(
they also recommended me to reduce my volume and to wear headphones for 1 hour/day

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 5
Interesting...I saw that as well out there. Keep it to one hour a day...I am suprized no one else out there has any other stories about this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back