Heard Bose headphones today for the first time...
Jan 30, 2009 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

milkweg

Banned
...and you guys lie about them being complete crap. They had a demo setup with 2 different pairs of Bose headphones. One pair was not very good but the pair that cost $150.00 CAD sounded quite good. Only problem is they were on-ear headphones and I never buy on-ear because they make my ears hurt too much. They had sweet highs and good punchy bass. Sorry, didn't take note of the model number but will next time I am at that store.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 28
Sorry I have heard the Bose in the demo also and from someone I know on my commute. Heard them several times, the On Ear. I agree the On Ear are better than Triports and they are decent.

But in comparison to my AD900s, I think they are garbage.

And I honestly don't think Head-Fiers are saying the Bose are crap because they want to just for giggles and laughs. Its because they mean it, as do I. I would not consider Bose for myself or anyone I know. For 150 bucks I'd tell people to look at the AD500, D1000 or MS-1.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 28
Oops, just realized I posted this to the wrong forum. Was meant for the headphone forum but I guess here will do so long as no one minds.
smily_headphones1.gif

I expect the demo music was optimized but then the other pair would have sounded good too and they didn't. The pair I liked sounded pretty good and for $150.00 CAD I thought they were a good buy so long as you don't mind on-ear. My main headphones are DT990pro so I am not saying they are good because I am using crap headphones so was easily impressed.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 28
Yeah I saw your profile, and you have the nifty lunchbox.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #8 of 28
Bose isn't complete crap, but I think they're significantly overpriced. Unless they totally rock your world. Then to hell with what others say.
L3000.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose isn't complete crap, but I think they're significantly overpriced. Unless they totally rock your world. Then to hell with what others say.
L3000.gif

I agree, I personally think bose is overpriced and wouldn't buy them myself. But if you fell there worth $150, that's okay. I just personally think you would be better of looking elsewhere.

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #10 of 28
That's $150.00 CAD we are talking about. Just so you have an idea of what $150.00 CAD can get you, Senn HD595 sell for $350.00 at NCIX. $150.00 is not really overpriced at all for those headphones. Sony V5dj are $100.00 CAD and the Bose sound better than those easily. I should know because I used to have a pair of the Sony V5dj.

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #11 of 28
Yes I love the Triport On ears. I can not believe they hurt your ears. They feel like the softest girl hands caressing my ears.

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #12 of 28
the on ears are significantly superior to the triports in all my listening as well. but they are both still way overpriced. especially the triports. and they are not bad, just not as good for the bread. ever since they started boosting the treble and bloating the bass, I stopped looking at them. theres not much in the middle.

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #13 of 28
The latest Bose headphones are not that bad. It's the first generation ones that attracted most of the bad reputation. Those really were terrible on any objective listen.

But even the current line doesn't really fit well anywhere on the value for money scale. You can do better.

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #15 of 28
The problem with Bose isn't that they sound terrible overall. They simply sound terrible for the price. Sure, the Triports sound OK, but so does the KSC-75, and you only pay $15 or so.

Also, the headband mechanism on the Triports is defective. It has a tendency to snap with light use. That's a known fact, and Bose still have yet to do anything about it. That's either very serious negligence on their part, or intentionally bad business practice. In either case, it's unacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back