Hear ye, hear ye: Try our free hearing test app
Feb 17, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #31 of 39
Well to me the app serves marketing.
I redid the test a couple of times. The lowest audible tone is not low enough.
The test was done through the ie600 and audiojack of a device using internal SD865 Dac.

The aforementioned app I referred previously (e-audiologia.pl) is way more accurate.
It allows you to manually calibrate the gear you use. And the tones go way lower (which is perfectly audible by my ears as I may add) than the lowest tone used by Sennheiser app.
I will confirm the difference in test results between both apps and have scheduled a hearing test with a certified audiologist.
I'll happily share the results.
-25db right and - 35db left is borderline hearing aid necessity and no previous certified tests I did gave me these numbers.
I dismiss the sennheiser app as marketing unfortunately, bold move Sonova👍
Well, maybe or maybe not. However, it HAS gotten people thinking about their hearing health one way or another (already having 2 pages in roughly 24 hours). So, for that alone, I applaud them, regardless of if the app seems useful or not, or if they use this app or another. :)

Feb 17, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #32 of 39
Well, maybe or maybe not. However, it HAS gotten people thinking about their hearing health one way or another (already having 2 pages in roughly 24 hours). So, for that alone, I applaud them, regardless of if the app seems useful or not, or if they use this app or another. :)
Yes off course, awereness is a must👍

Feb 19, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #34 of 39
I used AirPods Pro with noise cancelling off and I got result that says my listening is Normal
With Right says 6db HL and Left 8db HL. Not sure what it means and how good it is

Feb 19, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #35 of 39
I used AirPods Pro with noise cancelling off and I got result that says my listening is Normal
With Right says 6db HL and Left 8db HL. Not sure what it means and how good it is

Assuming the test was properly done with equipment calibrated, most industrial audiometry guidelines take a 25 - 30 dB loss in that frequency band to be considered as "mild" hearing loss.

So 6 and 8 dB HL is well within normal limits.

Feb 23, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #36 of 39
I used the Sennheiser app and another from the Apple App strore to get a comparison and both say I have normal hearing in both ears with less than 15dB of loss which at 62 is quite pleasing. If only I could turn the tinnitus off...

Feb 28, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #37 of 39
I used the Sennheiser app and another from the Apple App strore to get a comparison and both say I have normal hearing in both ears with less than 15dB of loss which at 62 is quite pleasing. If only I could turn the tinnitus off...
Tinnitus is your ears way of turning your sensitivity to certain frequencies ‘off’ (it is the cillia (/‘hair’) ceasing to be interpreted by the brain..) that ‘ringing’ is it sending an ‘all on’ signal, that the brain then deems ‘noise’ as ceases to interpret vibrations to that ‘hair’; arguably ‘in time’ we could extrapolate that tinnitus would successfully ‘turn off’ our sensitivity to sound.,

Of course we don’t lose ALL our hearing, just individual ‘hairs’ one by one…
Not that I have ever clicked on them,.. but lots of internet links suggesting olive oil and ‘ways to restart’ the cillia giving feedback…
This would interest me a lot if I hadn’t seen the Hans Van Beekhuzen project covering hearing loss and the relevancy to musical enjoyment (surprising, but Hans shows that 90% of the music we listen to is below 10-11khz frequencies and that ‘a lot of upper end frequency loss’ isn’t as damning as the numbers on a piece of paper might infer.

*Hans has been reviewing kit professionally since the seventies, and even with some potentially ‘age related’ hearing loss, can still run rings around the newbies due to much brain training and experience..

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #38 of 39
Tinnitus is your ears way of turning your sensitivity to certain frequencies ‘off’ (it is the cillia (/‘hair’) ceasing to be interpreted by the brain..) that ‘ringing’ is it sending an ‘all on’ signal, that the brain then deems ‘noise’ as ceases to interpret vibrations to that ‘hair’; arguably ‘in time’ we could extrapolate that tinnitus would successfully ‘turn off’ our sensitivity to sound.,

Of course we don’t lose ALL our hearing, just individual ‘hairs’ one by one…
Not that I have ever clicked on them,.. but lots of internet links suggesting olive oil and ‘ways to restart’ the cillia giving feedback…
This would interest me a lot if I hadn’t seen the Hans Van Beekhuzen project covering hearing loss and the relevancy to musical enjoyment (surprising, but Hans shows that 90% of the music we listen to is below 10-11khz frequencies and that ‘a lot of upper end frequency loss’ isn’t as damning as the numbers on a piece of paper might infer.

*Hans has been reviewing kit professionally since the seventies, and even with some potentially ‘age related’ hearing loss, can still run rings around the newbies due to much brain training and experience..
It is a good thing that 90% of music is below 10kHz then, because I can't hear a thing past 12.5kHz anyhow (according to testing)... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back