health issues associated with prolonged headphones use due to EMF pollution?
Feb 23, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #18 of 192
What about this? Geomagnetism - Secular variation

I know it's from Canada, but they did give us Bob and Doug Mackenzie.
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #19 of 192
well, indeed...the MRI operators are hiding behind a window, for a reason?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The higher end ultrasone sound totally different
smily_headphones1.gif

I dearly hope so....but asking $1.5K is completely disconnected from reality, especially when you can get a cd3k for $500.

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #20 of 192
Anyone think it might be possible that MRI operators are shielded because they use electronic equipment to operate the machine? If there is a health risk I feel bad for the nurse that has to stay in the room.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #21 of 192
There's been statistics on MRI operator cancer rates, they're perfectly fine. Radiologists do get higher cancer rates from their occupation however, but their education/salary ratio is worth it ;p.

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #23 of 192
I am very experienced with a plethora of EMF blocking or energy enhancing devices. Im not very educated about the science of EMF, but i can certainly tell you that EMF fatigues the body and causes it to feel drained. The more you block the effects, the more you notice how much better you feel, but most people cant feel this stuff, and im certainly not about to try to convince anyone of anything here :wink:

I would be willing to bet that headphones certainly do cause fatigue among other things from the electronic emmisions they emit... how much i have no idea

Cell phones give me instant headaches, so i use something called a tachyon disk and i can instantly tell a difference.. you could slap one of these on each cup of your cans and im sure it would help.. but you probably wouldnt notice anything... ive been meaning to put some on my cans... OH BUT OF COURSE that would change the way they resonate! oh dear!

but yes, there is soooooooo much electronic pollution, not to mention a gazillion other things constantly degrading our health on this planet, that for all i know your headphones may be an infinitesimal drop in the bucket.

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #25 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread makes me happy to be using these babies.

Holy CHRIST! - sorry i just stumbled on Duggeh's review of "these babies" needless to say i skimmed it.

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #26 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Herr Konig himself said the standard for computer monitor emission is not perfectly relevant because it is particularly strict since eyes are vulnerable to radiation.

It's been several years since I looked at the literature, but I don't think more than a handful of people believe there are major health effects from the amount of emf you get from dynamic headphones, unless maybe the cable is also acting like an antennae and funneling emf into your ear canal, small warning if you decide to listen out of a cellphone. Cell phones can emit far more emf (they all emit different amounts), even then scientists disagree big time on whether or not that has any/small/big health effects, but studies on cell phones aren't relevant and studies have to be done on headphones before claims on their health effects should be made.

My EMF Meter is off the charts when I place it next to the earpads of my headphones. It's as strong as my cell phone.

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #27 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve333 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My EMF Meter is off the charts when I place it next to the earpads of my headphones. It's as strong as my cell phone.

well way to ruin my day man!
tongue.gif

yeah i always figured as much

i really need to get an emf meter

BTW i could list GOBS of excellent EMF blocking and other related technologies if anyone is interested

I live in a "modern spirituality" monastery and we test and carry all kinds of this stuff... and all of it works very well!

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #28 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Br777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well way to ruin my day man!
tongue.gif

yeah i always figured as much

i really need to get an emf meter

BTW i could list GOBS of excellent EMF blocking and other related technologies if anyone is interested

I live in a "modern spirituality" monastery and we test and carry all kinds of this stuff... and all of it works very well!

The Meter I have I bought on Amazon for only $30. It's called CellSensor.
I'm very interested in any EMF blocking info you have.
I just ordered a Stetzer Meter to check the wiring in my apt. from Nature4Less.com, Natural and Wellness Products For Less

Mar 15, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #29 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve333 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Meter I have I bought on Amazon for only $30. It's called CellSensor.

how do you know it's the headphones, and not just your house that was built on an ancient indian graveyard? apparently ghost hunters use this device a lot
tongue.gif

anyway, microwave ovens are also nasty EMF emitters...I've ditched mine ages ago! I'm always stunned to see all those women warming up their babies food in those death cabinets.

basically they make the water particules vibrate, and they feed this to babies....indeed, headphones are peanuts compared to cellphones/cellphones antennas/microwaves/wifi/etc..

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #30 of 192
A way to test if you are sensitive to emf is to use the cell phone while in a car for 10 minutes (or maybe 30 minutes if you feel confident emf won't affect you). The radiation emitted from the cellphone gets radiated back at you by the car. However, the difference in emf of different cellphones can be as big as a factor of ten, so I suggest you find out how much emf your phone emits online before doing the experiment, and if your cellphone happens to have a low radiation, borrow a phone with higher radiation.

Look up your phone here:

Cell phone radiation levels - CNET Reviews

There's a lot of unproven things sold as emf protection, which are often sold at unscrupulous prices and without even an attempt to give scientific evidence or measurements of reduced radiation and instead just play on people's fears to get them to buy. In my mind that is as criminal as cell phone manufacturers selling phones to us without telling us about possible dangers.

If you want to protect yourself from emf, either apply to join an Amish community far from cell towers or get a suitable trifield meter (don't be cheap, get something decent) and shield all your radiation emitting things one by one until satisfactory. Also take it with you outdoors and see what kind of radiation you're getting (but don't drive and measure at the same time -_-).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back