Headwize has returned
Aug 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #16 of 37
NICE!!!

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #18 of 37
... and all is right with the world =]

Aug 12, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All due respect to Jude, but Chu Moy is due his proper respect, too. Up until the last 6 mos to a yr or so, Headwize was absolutely dependable. I can't recall a time when it was down before that.

It went down some years ago. Ask Jude where Head-Fi came from...when it started.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Girlsound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It went down some years ago. Ask Jude where Head-Fi came from...when it started.
tongue_smile.gif

I had heard something like that, but AFAIK - it never went down for an extended period after that until this most recent incident. Meanwhile, Head-Fi's notable failure since then spawned another forum, too (or at least grew it substantially) - but I wouldn't call Head-Fi habitually undependable. The prior poster's implication was that very recent history applied throughout and that Headwize's reputation was always so.
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #21 of 37
Thanks for the good news!

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #22 of 37
In the old days, headwize had problems with its ISP, which caused some downtime. But ever since it was re-hosted on the Northwestern University network a few years ago (with thanks to kevin gilmore), it has been mostly reliable except for a hardware failure that caused a few days of posts to be lost. The recent outage was due to a combination of cyber attacks, spam, the need to rework the forum code, and Chu Moy's schedule (he has a busy day job, and was in the midst of moving, not to mention that he was suffering from allergies). I hope that once it is fully functional again, it will remain so for a long time to come.

Aug 14, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a search with google and some fooling around with the address work wonders
wink.gif

Greater functionality has been enabled again! You can now browse threads and search directly from the site.

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #28 of 37
A happy day for me!

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #29 of 37
That is great news. Now I only have a few thousand pages of reading to catch up on for the beta 22 before I build.

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #30 of 37
anyone having problems logging in? I'm pretty sure I registered a user name there a long time ago, and when i tried to log in, it said the login name didn't exist..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back