HeadWize forums may stay down a bit longer
Jun 25, 2001 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

I'm with markl in that I'll frequent both HeadWize and Head-Fi. Head-Fi was created to give us a good shot at a permanent home, even if the growth gets insane. And if HeadWize ever gets to the point where the forums get too expensive to run (as you'd expect, the forums are the most resource-intensive place of HeadWize), there's still going to be Head-Fi.

So whether you decide to make HeadWize or Head-Fi your main hangout -- or if you frequent both -- we've probably got a better shot at a permanent hangout with both around than HeadWize alone.

So I'll not shut this joint down, and will continue to add some nice cool features and the like over time. This weekend I actually built a prototype headphone search engine that we should be able to use soon as an additional resource for audio information (I may expand it and spider non-headphone-specific audio web sites and content too if the headphone-only content is too thin). I'll be tweaking it over the next several days. You're right, markl, the more resources we have, the better.

See you all at HeadWize, and here at Head-Fi!

Well said jude! This is exactly how I feel, having more resources can never be wrong. I for one will definitely frequent both forums, no doubt about that.

Jul 1, 2001 at 1:31 AM Post #18 of 45
ai0tron, probably after July 4 - I would estimate July 7 or 8 - buty no later than July 9. I am redesigning the forum and other site pages both as a response to feedback that some people find the "all white" look too bright and others who think that a colored background reduces contrast. I think the new design is a fine compromise. The color palette is the same and the download time is the same. What is different is how the colors are used and the redrawn navigation bars.

As I may be incorporating HeadWize as a nonprofit for the purposes of accepting donations, I think that a more visually engaging page design will be more attractive to corporate sponsors. Please note that this does NOT mean that I have decided for certain to add sponsors. I am making preparations for such action if the situation requires.

It will take me a bit of time to implement the new look across the site. I have already finished the new design of the HeadWize homepage and may post it on Monday or Tuesday. Feedback regarding the new look is welcome.

BTW, I will be contacting moderator candidates on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks everyone for your support!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2001 at 2:02 PM Post #21 of 45
cmoy: If you need opinions, here's mine: I wouldn't mind sponsors or a few banners as long as these aren't animated gifs, flash animations or javascript-popup-windows.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jul 1, 2001 at 3:20 PM Post #22 of 45
Cmoy, I'm really looking forward to the new Headwize. Given your past track record, I'm sure it will be a great place to be. Thanks for all your efforts on behalf of the Headwizer community.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2001 at 3:31 PM Post #23 of 45
It'll be good to see Headwize again... although maybe not so good for my productivity at work...
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2001 at 3:08 AM Post #25 of 45
I have just updated the HeadWize homepage with the new design that I plan to implement throughout the site. Please email any comments or suggestions about the new look to me.

I am running a bit behind. Moderator candidates for the HeadWize forums should get an email from me shortly.

Jul 4, 2001 at 3:16 AM Post #26 of 45
Hmm, headwize sure looks strange when you access it while Chu is editing it...

update: err nevermind, but, wow, grey background? That looks a bit strange, thought I caught it while HW was being updated or something...

Jul 4, 2001 at 3:23 AM Post #27 of 45
Hmmm..... the gray background looks strange? Is that strange good or strange bad?
biggrin.gif
Other opinions? Actually, I think of it more as a gray frame, because most of the text is still on top of a white background.

Jul 4, 2001 at 3:32 AM Post #28 of 45
Chu, here are a few suggestions I can think of...

I think the width of the dancing Headwize should be the same as the main table... also the TOC should have a white backing rectangle... And the headphone animation should not have the black border, to remain consistent with everything else...

Then again, the top table of contents may be thrown off... maybe try just readjusting the width of the dancing headwize...

That may look a bit more consistent because it does look, strange...

Hm, I wonder how a black background would look, coupled with grey 'bars' (which are currently black)

Hm, wait, yet another update... The site looks different in different browsers, you may want to check it out in IE/Netscape on different platforms... Using a Mac right now and IE, Netscape, and Mozilla all render Headwize completely differently.

Jul 4, 2001 at 3:41 AM Post #29 of 45
Chu,

I like the look of the New HeadWize. The colors are striking and the site looks very "today." What I really like is how everything contrasts nicely, and the GIFs are very sharp. It shocked me at first because I was use to white and blue. But I got over it.

Nicely done.

Jul 4, 2001 at 4:06 AM Post #30 of 45
Chu,
Different, but familiar. Kinda like a room that's been redecorated......but it's still "home." Can't wait for the forums to be up and running ........Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: I guess I'll just have to spend twice as much time in front of the computer!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back