Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Apr 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #2,567 of 4,123
Quote:
What is the output impedance of the Arrow?

What changes with the impedance setting of the 3G?

The output impedance of the Arrow is atomic!! They can easily push any headphones out on the market right now. There have been reviewers that have had the HD800 and T1 both plugged in at the same time and on gain setting 1 powering both of them to great volume levels. The only time I've noticed a difference in sound with the impedance setting is when I was using lower ohm headphones, mainly closed ones at that. When I use it with my HD650's I don't notice a change at all. Same with the crossfeed selector.

All in all, great amp

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #2,568 of 4,123
The output impedance of the Arrow is atomic!! They can easily push any headphones out on the market right now. There have been reviewers that have had the HD800 and T1 both plugged in at the same time and on gain setting 1 powering both of them to great volume levels. The only time I've noticed a difference in sound with the impedance setting is when I was using lower ohm headphones, mainly closed ones at that. When I use it with my HD650's I don't notice a change at all. Same with the crossfeed selector.

All in all, great amp

Thanks,

:evil:

Thanks, I ask as I am going to pair these with BA IEMs which have a zout of 8ohms. Atomic as in ~10ohm zout? :p

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #2,569 of 4,123
Quote:
Quote:

All in all, great amp

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Thanks, I ask as I am going to pair these with BA IEMs which have a zout of 8ohms. Atomic as in ~10ohm zout?
tongue.gif

Well umm... Honestly not sure 
biggrin.gif

But I did find this amp that can bring the output impedance from 75ohm to 0 with the click of a button. 

http://www.practicaldevices.com/amps.htm

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #2,571 of 4,123
^^^ I never owned a Fit Ear IEM (come on man I got to eat once in awhile
biggrin.gif
) but I will say that the Arrow 3G and slightly less so the 4G are terrible when it comes to using them with a phone as they pick up interference like a mofo. I know now for sure that I have upgraded amps that it was the Arrow that was at fault and not my phones being ultra RF radiating iphone 3G/4/GS3. But if you are going to be using the Arrow with a phone in airplane mode it is great.

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #2,572 of 4,123
Quote:
^^^ I never owned a Fit Ear IEM (come on man I got to eat once in awhile
biggrin.gif
) but I will say that the Arrow 3G and slightly less so the 4G are terrible when it comes to using them with a phone as they pick up interference like a mofo. I know now for sure that I have upgraded amps that it was the Arrow that was at fault and not my phones being ultra RF radiating iphone 3G/4/GS3. But if you are going to be using the Arrow with a phone in airplane mode it is great.

Yes even using it in airplace mode with wifi on, there is still some emi (my BH has less with wifi on). BUt in airplane mode and no wifi, that arrow is a lush detailed amp and I love it.

Apr 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #2,574 of 4,123
I never have a problem with my 3G as far as emi, 4G is worse in that respect.

May 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #2,575 of 4,123
Hey,

For those that were wanting to buy a 3G I've reluctantly decided to put mine up on the classifieds. I should have it up in a matter of minutes. I've got a lot of interest already so it will be priced to sell. Good luck to those that are interested. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back