Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Apr 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #2,536 of 4,123
Guys, guess what came today in the mail? 

Yes, its a headstage arrow 12he 4g. Im doing some impressions after some proper listening. But so far, it outperformed most of the portable amps i've tried. 

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #2,537 of 4,123
It seems the Arrow 4G is no more... the Arrow 4T is announced on the headstage website

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #2,541 of 4,123
Quote:
30 hours is still very respectable. 

No doubt, I've been running my 3G for what seems like weeks between charges! But in all honestly, 30 hours will still get the job done and is still better than most. 

I'm more interested in the new bass sound more "tube like". I just hope it doesn't get rid of the amazing depth the II position gives me on the 3G. Either way I'm very curious to see how this is going to sound. 

4T's ship out in May so we'll see soon enough!

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 8, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #2,542 of 4,123
So , do you guys think that this transition to a warmer sound will be a good thing ?

I mean the focal point with the 4G was the neutrality in the amp , not coloring the sound and all

Anyway , after waiting 3 months for my 1G>4G upgrade , I have no craving for a 2nd upgrade atm

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #2,543 of 4,123
Colouring the basic sound doesn't make sense to me. After the clean bass boost, the versatility of the 4G was the main reason I bought it. Having this as an optional switch could be very interesting but to have it as the starting point will probably stop me upgrading.

What changes were people hoping for in the upgrade from 4G?

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #2,544 of 4,123
I still prefer my 3G overall.  4G is better overall in most ways in a technical sense, but that bass on the 3G makes me prefer it to the 4G. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #2,545 of 4,123
Would have loved to try the 3G for exactly that reason. I was hoping the next upgrade would add more punch to the bass boost without any other major changes. Really like the treble boost so not sure which I'd have gone for if I had the choice.

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #2,547 of 4,123
Quote:
I still prefer my 3G overall.  4G is better overall in most ways in a technical sense, but that bass on the 3G makes me prefer it to the 4G. 

+1

recently pair the 3g with my 650's and couldn't believe how much lower the HD's got. I use to switch back n forth between my 650's and D5k's because the 650's just couldn't get low enough for my taste until the 3G came into my life Now the D5k's have pretty much been retired and may be on the selling block in the near future. Well that and I want the TH600's 
biggrin.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #2,548 of 4,123
Quote:
Battery life seems to be reduced quite significantly with the 4T. Specified at  30-40 hours compared to the 70-80 hours of the 4G. Something to consider..

Because the new opamp consumes twice compare to the old one so battery life expected to reduce in half. We can still order the 4G for better battery life although there is no option on the web. You just need to leave a note to Robert on your order. IMO, 30-40 hours battery life is good enough.

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #2,550 of 4,123
Quote:
Quote:
^^^friggen bassheads
biggrin.gif

Lol! Unrepentantly guilty on that front... My own fault for going for isolation over sq when I brought my iem's. Based on what everyone has said, the 3G bass boost inside a 4G would be my amp nirvana.

Lets hope the 4T is exactly that and they dial back the treble boost a touch and we may have the best value amp on the market on our hands. 

These two are for my basshead brothers and sisters... Your welcome 
very_evil_smiley.gif

https://soundcloud.com/numbernin6/the-prodigy-breathe-numbernin6-remix

https://soundcloud.com/knifepartyinc/nero-crush-knife-party-remix

Listen to that with the 3G on II and some D5000's... It'll change you...

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back