Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Feb 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #2,521 of 4,123
Quote:

just placed an order for a refurbished arrow... no reply from Headstage when enquired about the expected delivery date... looks like it is going to be a long wait....

I can't speak for refurbished units, but I placed an order for a new 4G on January 16th and received it via DHL on January 24th. 

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #2,524 of 4,123
^^^ I don't remember the details of the order status. I seem to remember that the order status didn't reflect the actual status. I sent an email to Robert asking if he had received my Paypal and he then told me in response that I would receive it the following week on either a Wednesday or Thursday. I received it on Thursday, but the delivery attempt was made when I wasn't home, so I had it redirected to my office for a Friday delivery. 

Feb 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #2,525 of 4,123
My Delivery status never changed on the site once it went to processing but I emailed Robert and he got back to me right away with time table and a tracking email (site still didn't change). Email is best way to see where it is at.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #2,526 of 4,123
Quote:
Thanks, so it could be just refurbished and upgrading units which may take longer.  By the way, did your status go from "order processing" to "arrow 4g" when it shipped?

And I believe some units ship from California and some from Germany ... refurbs from Germany are most likely going to take longer ...

And thanks for mentioning that, ya'll ... should I get another Arrow, I'll most likely get a refurb ...

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #2,527 of 4,123
Quote:
Asked about refurbs from him today, and also ordered one today, he said he will have them in a week in stock in Germany.

He will have ne refurbished ones in stock next week?
Oh shoot, I need money! Fast!

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #2,532 of 4,123
Does anyone have experience using the Arrow with a DAC for portable use? I'm considering the Headstage DAC cable, the Dragonfly and the DACport LX. Anyone have thoughts on which would be the way to go here? Thanks!

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #2,534 of 4,123
I received my Arrow HE G4 2 days ago, as an upgrade of my 2 years old Arrow HE 1G with plain case.

I pair it with the S:flo2, listened with Yuin PK1 and Hifiman RE0. I would say the tonal balance of the G4 is pretty much as same as the G1. Improvement is most noticeble on dynamics. The G4 sounds more "responsive".

The package also include a short 3.5mm male to male stereo cable with L-plug. I have yet to try that.

I am in Hong Kong and the the package was sent to me via local postal service with Hong Kong postal stamps on the evelope. I guess the Arrow is now made/assembled in Hong Kong. I posted my Arrow G1 to the US California address though.

Overall the upgrade is well worth the US$49

Users who are viewing this thread

Back