Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Sep 10, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #2,206 of 4,123
i love how robert doesn't give a flying ****** about people whining and complaining.

The guys is an artist and as far as i know artists don't have time/emergy to waste for whining,impatient crybabies.

Just my 2 cents.

Robert ftw.

Sep 10, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #2,208 of 4,123
usually , smart people tend to agree with me - so good for you soulsyde
wink_face.gif

Quote:
LOL!!  Admittedly, I have to agree.

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #2,209 of 4,123

Quote:
i love how robert doesn't give a flying ****** about people whining and complaining.

The guys is an artist and as far as i know artists don't have time/emergy to waste for whining,impatient crybabies.

Just my 2 cents.

Robert ftw.

LOL, yeah i sorta sensed that from the couple of emails I exchanged with him while waiting for my Arrow last year. Thats why I didnt hassle him about why it was taking so long and honestly was very pleased with the result. The Arrow surpassed all my expectations and is to me irreplaceable, even after auditioning a few more expensive options from iBasso, Pico and RSA.

Robert rocks!
L3000.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #2,210 of 4,123
robert was able to explain in depth the advantages of the arrow over competitors.  He may be a bit biased but he was able to understand other amps and make suggestions based on the questions that were asked

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #2,211 of 4,123

Quote:
usually , smart people tend to agree with me - so good for you soulsyde
wink_face.gif

Lol, well, you're not on my ignore list...yet.  
tongue.gif
  I am always accepting applicants.  
etysmile.gif

Sep 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #2,213 of 4,123
I want share my personal opinion

With head stage arrow 2 G plus DAC from Fostex or HM 801 plus iPhone 4 G with WAV music file

I can get the best sound for my Lcd 2 rev 1 and 2 ( I mean for portable setting )

This arrow 2G so small but can drive my LCD 2 rev 2 with very good impact in bass and mid as well .

From this experiment I have order my own head stage arrow 4 G

I wish the 4 G has the same sound zig as 2 G

Until now in my opinion only 3 portable head amp can drive lcd2 rev 1 and rev 2 in very good sound

STEPDANCE I

RSA RS 71 B

Head stage arrow 2G

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #2,214 of 4,123
Any chance anyone with an Arrow G1 knows if we can still get them warrantied? Or if you have had them warrantied? Recently, one of the inputs have been loose, and if i touch the LOD, it'll lose sound in the left channel. So I started plugging the input from my LOD into the input on the end of the Arrow, and now I don't have sound coming from my left channel either. Is there a way I can just fix this myself? Or should I try and get it warrantied (if I even can.) I got my arrow when they first came out. =/

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #2,215 of 4,123

Quote:
I want share my personal opinion

With head stage arrow 2 G plus DAC from Fostex or HM 801 plus iPhone 4 G with WAV music file

I can get the best sound for my Lcd 2 rev 1 and 2 ( I mean for portable setting )

This arrow 2G so small but can drive my LCD 2 rev 2 with very good impact in bass and mid as well .

From this experiment I have order my own head stage arrow 4 G

I wish the 4 G has the same sound zig as 2 G

Until now in my opinion only 3 portable head amp can drive lcd2 rev 1 and rev 2 in very good sound

STEPDANCE I

RSA RS 71 B

Head stage arrow 2G

I have to agree ... I listened to some LCD 2's extensively with the Arrow (2G) and was really blown away. I'm telling you ... that bass boost is magic on certain cans (especially with the K701's which actually became something I could enjoy once the bass boost was turned on.

From what I understand ... there *is* going to be a slightly more layed back tone to the 4G bass boost but I haven't talked to Robert since helping to beta test his 4G production board ... and at the time (bout two months ago?) ... he was really curious about which bass I preferred ... so who knows what he's going with. 

I'm sticking with the current 3G I have as it has the same bass boost as the 2G (my first Arrow was 2G).

But yeah ... the LCD 2's were awesome with it.

Rock.

j.

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #2,216 of 4,123

Quote:
I'm telling you ... that bass boost is magic on certain cans (especially with the K701's which actually became something I could enjoy once the bass boost was turned on.

I wish I hadn't sold my K240 MKIIs before I purchased the Arrow.  I really loved their soundstage and the added bass would have made them a good all around headphone to play with.  Oh well, there's likely going to be another AKG can in my future.  Ugh, this darn addictive Head-Fi obsession hobby.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #2,218 of 4,123

Quote:
Any chance anyone with an Arrow G1 knows if we can still get them warrantied? Or if you have had them warrantied? Recently, one of the inputs have been loose, and if i touch the LOD, it'll lose sound in the left channel. So I started plugging the input from my LOD into the input on the end of the Arrow, and now I don't have sound coming from my left channel either. Is there a way I can just fix this myself? Or should I try and get it warrantied (if I even can.) I got my arrow when they first came out. =/

lol. I fixed it. It was the most stupidly easy fix ever... 

I took the case off to take a look inside, and what was causing the sound to cut out was that the module to for the inputs were lifting slightly when i pushed on my LOD. When it sits flat with the PCB, it's fine. What I ended up doing was just taking some thick 3m tape and placing a small piece on top of each input module and put the case back on. Now no matter how I wiggle the LOD, I can't get it to lose sound anymore. Good as new! lol. 

The problem now, is that I've already ordered a Practical Devices XM6. *facepalm* I'm just going to wait for it to arrive, and I'll keep whichever one sounds better. lol.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #2,219 of 4,123
Oh nooooooo!! I need to hear about the XM6 like I need a hole in the head! I've been eying that amp for a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back