Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Aug 19, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #2,161 of 4,123

Quote:
I received my USB DAC cable today as well, but at work I get nuthin on my Mac. The website says it should function the same whether on Mac or PC. Hmmmmmmm.......

I hope you and Rob can figure it out, but if not you may want to take a look at the ESI Dr. DAC Nano.  I've been using it for a while now with my Arrow and it works splendidly with my Mac.

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #2,162 of 4,123

Quote:
Ugh, I hope he did... especially since it specifically states it works the same for Mac and PC on the site. The main purpose for picking it up is/was using it at my Mac work station during the day with the Arrow.

Anyway, email is sent to Robert. Hope it proves to be compatible....

Have you heard back from Rob yet? I haven't received my cable yet, but Mac compatibility is essential to me too.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #2,163 of 4,123
I did actually, yes. 

When you get it what you'll need to do is go into the system preferences, open sound, then it should appear as a 'usb DAC' under output devices. Simply highlight that, and it'll be rocking through the cable. It's working great now.

Aug 23, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #2,169 of 4,123
I haven't posted in sometime but I read updates now and then and feel a need to say something.

If someone's not happy waiting for what I think is one of the best "cover all the bases" amps out there then quit whining, ask for a refund and wait later. I personally am still using the 1G and am very happy with it until I decide if I want to upgrade.

If Robert's in China overseeing quality control and still manages to get some new cables shipped then it's obvious to me that he's concentrating on his business. I doubt accessing emails is (or even should be) a top priority unless someone wants their money back. From what I've read, no-one wanting a refund has had to wait long. Any questioning of his honesty seems ill-founded, so if you don't want to tie up your money then wait until what you want is shipping.

If it were me and all I got was complaints and "when is my xxxx shipping" emails, I doubt I'd answer them either as I'd never have time to work. He doesn't post on head-fi and likely has plenty of customers who are happy to wait and not give him such grief.

Just my 2 cents.

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #2,171 of 4,123

Quote:
I haven't posted in sometime but I read updates now and then and feel a need to say something.

If someone's not happy waiting for what I think is one of the best "cover all the bases" amps out there then quit whining, ask for a refund and wait later. I personally am still using the 1G and am very happy with it until I decide if I want to upgrade.

If Robert's in China overseeing quality control and still manages to get some new cables shipped then it's obvious to me that he's concentrating on his business. I doubt accessing emails is (or even should be) a top priority unless someone wants their money back. From what I've read, no-one wanting a refund has had to wait long. Any questioning of his honesty seems ill-founded, so if you don't want to tie up your money then wait until what you want is shipping.

If it were me and all I got was complaints and "when is my xxxx shipping" emails, I doubt I'd answer them either as I'd never have time to work. He doesn't post on head-fi and likely has plenty of customers who are happy to wait and not give him such grief.

Just my 2 cents.

Well said. I think it's a known quantity that there is a wait involved with Headstage. That's just the nature of the beast with such a small operation. It's been well documented over and over in this forum, as has the fact that it is a sure thing a new buyer will receive their amp. 

Whenever I have questions for Robert after receiving a new item, he always replies within a day or two to be sure I am a happy customer and familiar with the item. For example I just got in my USB DAC cable last week, and had some trouble initially getting it to work with my Mac. He replied back same day, and his suggestion helped me get it up and running. Then I wasn't sure if it would charge the Arrow while in use with the computer... and again he answered my question within two days. He is a busy guy and quite passionate about working on new developments at the same time he's fulfilling orders. 

Patience people, patience. The Arrow is worth the known wait! 

Aug 23, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #2,173 of 4,123

Quote:
Is it even possible to purchase one now? As mentioned above there is no longer a listing on the website, and I assume it is no longer possible to get the older model.

i'm sure it'll be available for purchase later, I'm sure he's working on the 4g and it's probably taking longer than he thought it would. As soon as the first batch of 4g amps come out, I'm sure he'll open it up on his website again. You can't currently purchase the older models, unless of course, someone sells it used here on head-fi. Other than that, you can try to email Rob about ordering one

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #2,174 of 4,123

Just my 2 cents.
Well said. I think it's a known quantity that there is a wait involved with Headstage. That's just the nature of the beast with such a small operation. It's been well documented over and over in this forum, as has the fact that it is a sure thing a new buyer will receive their amp. 

Whenever I have questions for Robert after receiving a new item, he always replies within a day or two to be sure I am a happy customer and familiar with the item. For example I just got in my USB DAC cable last week, and had some trouble initially getting it to work with my Mac. He replied back same day, and his suggestion helped me get it up and running. Then I wasn't sure if it would charge the Arrow while in use with the computer... and again he answered my question within two days. He is a busy guy and quite passionate about working on new developments at the same time he's fulfilling orders. 

Patience people, patience. The Arrow is worth the known wait! 

Thanks, guys, for the pleas for patience and sanity surrounding this fine product.

I too had to wait (and wait) for my Arrow to arrive but i have now had it for nearly a year and it continues to amaze on a daily basis. It can be adjusted to meet the differential needs of my Ety ER-6, Westone 3, HD 25-1 II, SR60, and HD580. Power is never an isue, nor is SQ. The amp just flat out delivers.

It's understandable in this era of immediate internet order gratification that delays in delivery can be a concern, but let's cut the guy (Robert) some slack, he's obviously got alot on his plate.

Count me among the supporters who believe the Arrow amp is worth the wait--and a bargain compared with others in its size & weight class
To quote the Arcade Fire song, ...
We used to wait for it.
We used to wait for it.
Now we're screaming sing the chorus again.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #2,175 of 4,123

Quote:
i'm sure it'll be available for purchase later, I'm sure he's working on the 4g and it's probably taking longer than he thought it would. As soon as the first batch of 4g amps come out, I'm sure he'll open it up on his website again. You can't currently purchase the older models, unless of course, someone sells it used here on head-fi. Other than that, you can try to email Rob about ordering one

I hope so.  I've just started becoming more serious about the hobby and am looking forward to picking one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back