Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Dec 8, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #1,366 of 4,123
Oh yeah...the J3 can certainly...play music...through HD650's...but...not optimally, lol.
/end Shatner voice

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #1,367 of 4,123
This just in, from the Hadphonia support forum:

Posted by syaknikwa:
i thought the 3g is supposed to ship at the end of November???
Rob: First batch went out this Monday. Just finishing the second batch...  

So, some are making it out the door...that's good news!  Also, the Arrow info page now states "New orders will ship at the end of December 2010."

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #1,368 of 4,123
I received an email on monday stating arrow 3.0 had shipped so I am part of the first batch. I had originally received shipping notice on nov 13th for Arrow 2.2. For some reason Robert decided to wait and send me the newer version which is fine with me. It has basically been a 5 month wait as I placed my order (#2528) on july 16th. I only freaked out about the wait a couple times keeping in mind I was eventually going to receive a great amp. My friend owns one of Robert's earlier model (lyrix I believe) and it was far superior to my ibasso D2boa. I hope production speeds up and everyone waiting for their amp doesn't have too big wait. Hopefully I will have mine in a week or so!!!

Dec 8, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #1,369 of 4,123
so the first batch is still in orders 2500's? does anyone have theirs shipped that are orders 2600's or above...

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #1,370 of 4,123
I'd just like to know how many are in each "batch", then we could at least estimate...this sucks.

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #1,371 of 4,123
I just posed a similar question to Rob on his forum.  I wanted to know what he means by a "batch" and what number he's up to in the shipping process.  I will let you know the answer.

EDIT: ...if I get an answer. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #1,372 of 4,123
Not sure if it is still the same, but Rob has shipped in batches of 100 at a time. At least that was how he handled 2300, 2400, and 2500 orders.

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #1,374 of 4,123
Dec 10, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #1,375 of 4,123
Answering S9 question since there aren't much to update on the Arrow front...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What UCI are you using on your S9?Looks slick.

I'm using Makeflow 1.04, it's a nice looking uci :)

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #1,376 of 4,123
Here's to hoping someone shall decide to sell his 3G version...once these finally ship.

If you change your mind and wanna sell ,pm me.

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #1,377 of 4,123
Well, as Papa Smurf famously stated, "Not long now, my little Smurfs": From Rob, latest post on the "delivery timetable" thread, "The next batch will cover almost all open orders. As I wrote the new generation is much easier to assemble but we still have to test them all carefully... "

Things are coming together nicely...all the cans are in place (except the Beyer T50p's that died after two days), my Whiplash TWag mini-to-mini came today, I have lots of FLAC files loaded up on my J3, I have six or seven different types of tips to try out on the SM3's, and now this...here's just hoping shipping to the US doesn't take like three weeks or some crap...

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #1,378 of 4,123

Thanks for the updating us Golden Monkey ..... I hope that we could get our amp this month so that we can enjoy the holidays
atsmile.gif

Quote:
"The next batch will cover almost all open orders. As I wrote the new generation is much easier to assemble but we still have to test them all carefully... "  

like the pic btw 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #1,379 of 4,123
I'm planning on purchasing  Alessandro Ms2i and I already have UE triplefi10s. I'd like to know how important it is to have a high quality amp. The Headstage Arrow seems to be the most interesting option, as it's ultra portable and can power both highly efficient and inefficient phones. However, after some research it seems that it'll cost me $315, which is more than the Alessandros (which is what I am primarily getting the amp for)... Do you guys think it's a justified purchase, I've never owned a portable amp, so I don't know how crucial a HQ amp is for the SQ of my tripleFi and Alessandro Ms2i. I'd also appreciate it if anyone would recommend similarly capable amps, which cost less.

In addition, I'd also like to know how the shipping service of Headstage is, I've heard of people waiting 2-3 months. I don't think I can tolerate that...
Cheers,
Leander

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #1,380 of 4,123
Well I own both MS2i and TripleFi10 so I could tell you what I think when it arrives.  As far as shipping goes he is making them one at a time for each order and testing them to his own specs so your getting a very nice piece of equipment that is worth waiting for. I recommend going and getting some factory production unit or another handmade amp that has been around long enough for there to be some laying around for sale. Otherwise just order and wait. It seems the speed has picked up considerably lately though so who knows, maybe not such a long wait.

On the MS2i front. I have heard them on a very high end desk amp plugged into a very high end source once and they opened up a great deal and I couldnt believe what I was hearing. Im not that confident the arrow is gonna make much difference but we shall see soon enough. They do seemed under powered when used with a Cowon S9, j3 or Samsung P3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back