Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Nov 13, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #1,231 of 4,123

Direct Copy and Past from Headphonia forum page.

Arrow Change Log

Arrow 1G:

- Since mid February: Improved sensitivity of automatic switch (will not turn off accidentally)
- Since April: Nuts are directly soldered on the circuit board (will not get loose)

Arrow G2.0:

- Second headphone jack
- No real power switch
- Deeper bass boost 9dB + 9dB
- Longer battery run time (up to 50 hours)
- Film input caps
- Lower ESR power rail caps and decoupling caps
- Rear switches are more recessed (less sticking out)
- Better firmware (faster power shifting, more precise battery voltage detection etc.)

Arrow G2.1:

-New pre-amp (less switch-on click noise)

Arrow G2.2:

- Change of output resistors from 10/75/110 to 0/65/110 (better synergy with some IEMs like Triple.Fi 10 which sound weird with any output resistor)

Arrow G3.0 - will ship at the end of November (please write me if you prefer this version)

- Change of output resistors to 0/20/65 (better control of treble)
- Additional ceramic capacitors to lower impedance of tantalum caps (virtual better treble but barely noticeable)

Nov 13, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #1,232 of 4,123
dizzyraider,  Thank you for posting this, I hadn't seen it.  I just shot Rob a note to hold my order for the G3.0.  I think it will be a better match.  I can't see myself using the 110 ohm option.  The 20 ohm might be nice to cut hiss on very sensitive IEM's, and the 65 ohm will not quite get me to ER4S from ER4P.  I actually have an APureSound P cable which measures 20 ohm, rather than the stock 25 ohm, so I'll end up at 85 ohm.  I can always mess with the resistors in the cable if I feel the urge.  As for the cap change, I doubt I'd hear the difference.

Nov 13, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #1,233 of 4,123
That's almost funny! Robert is sure one guy who cannot rest on his laurels! 

Nov 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #1,235 of 4,123
For sure... I feel your pain. I have the first Arrow, and am just waiting word from Robert that he's ready to do the trade-in deal. I suspect that by the time he's ready, he'll be on G6!

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #1,236 of 4,123
I think the reason the early orders took so long was that the G2 was still in the pre-production stage at the time. Now that Robert is cranking out the amps (although there are different versions, they are all minor changes), I'm sure it won't take as long as the early orders. 

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #1,237 of 4,123
The 2G was obviously quite a development process.  Until further details on the 3G everything else are refinements.  I will certainly be keen to hear a consistent slew of positive impressions to warrant me sending my Arrow back for an upgrade.

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #1,238 of 4,123

Quote:

Direct Copy and Past from Headphonia forum page.

Arrow Change Log

Arrow 1G:

- Since mid February: Improved sensitivity of automatic switch (will not turn off accidentally)
- Since April: Nuts are directly soldered on the circuit board (will not get loose)

Arrow G2.0:

- Second headphone jack
- No real power switch
- Deeper bass boost 9dB + 9dB
- Longer battery run time (up to 50 hours)
- Film input caps
- Lower ESR power rail caps and decoupling caps
- Rear switches are more recessed (less sticking out)
- Better firmware (faster power shifting, more precise battery voltage detection etc.)

Arrow G2.1:

-New pre-amp (less switch-on click noise)

Arrow G2.2:

- Change of output resistors from 10/75/110 to 0/65/110 (better synergy with some IEMs like Triple.Fi 10 which sound weird with any output resistor)

Arrow G3.0 - will ship at the end of November (please write me if you prefer this version)

- Additional ceramic capacitors to lower impedance of tantalum caps (virtual better treble but barely noticeable)

there's another version coming out??? I'm really confuse now hahahah
confused.gif
coz i dunno anything about the resistor stuff so which one will be better for me coz i will be using my HP: AKG 271mkII and IEM: westone um3x dcv+LOD+Ipod touch 4g? please help me guys.. thank you..
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #1,239 of 4,123

Quote:
Quote:
That's almost funny! Robert is sure one guy who cannot rest on his laurels! 

Yeah, I've just started following the history.  I hope my suspicions aren't true - that I just added 3 months to my wait time!  I probably won't last that long...

beyersmile.png

I think Robert saw your post... or received a ton of emails asking the same thing, because now it says:

Quote:
[size=medium]
Arrow G3.0 - will start to ship at the end of November (please write me if you prefer this version)

- Much faster production (I will observe the assembly of the PCBs myself)
[/size]

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #1,241 of 4,123
I just had a guy, from a UK Hi Fi forum, Who is bedridden for 16 hours a day, for health reasons obviously, asking me about the best speakers for near field listening. With brackets that swing around his obviously horizontal position.

Right away , i thought headphones are the answer. so i passed him on to you lot.

He probably wish i did not cause its gonna cost him a fortune.

Apologies :back on track, where is my arrow 3G

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #1,242 of 4,123

Quote:
With brackets that swing around his obviously horizontal position.

Obviously he needs a K1000 w/ a solid DAC and Amp strapped to his chest.  He'll get better in no time.

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #1,243 of 4,123
Off Topic

Most full size headphone and in particular AKG K1000 are not practical for use in bed, at least not when resting on the pillow. IEMs are.

The usual suspects for professional nearfield monitors are Mackie, Genelec, Dynaudio (Pro), Adam, ME Geithain and KS Digital.

On topic

The Arrow, or any headphone amp, work as pre-amp, too...

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #1,244 of 4,123
so what version will drive my akg 271 mkII and westone um3x? i ordered the Arrow few weeks ago which i think is the arrow v2.1 or 2.2, but there new version coming out.. so which one should i prefer?.. should i  upgrade from my current version to arrow G3 or just stay on my current one?
confused_face%281%29.gif
confused_face%281%29.gif
confused_face%281%29.gif

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #1,245 of 4,123

Quote:
Off Topic

Most full size headphone and in particular AKG K1000 are not practical for use in bed, at least not when resting on the pillow. IEMs are.

The usual suspects for professional nearfield monitors are Mackie, Genelec, Dynaudio (Pro), Adam, ME Geithain and KS Digital.

On topic

The Arrow, or any headphone amp, work as pre-amp, too...

I was just being silly about the K1000.  Thats what happens when you omit emoticons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back