Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Oct 30, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #1,141 of 4,123

Quote:
Point one: I bought the Arrow for portable ... but then realized it would be "quite the champ" in regards to full sized cans. Color me learned.  

Point two: The S:flo 2 is the dopest, most rad'est, best sounding DAP I've had fun playing with. Might take some coaxing/getting used to ... but (if you can make peace with it's occasional interface glitches?) ... then, I have no problem saying, it's the best portable player you could ever end up with! ...

Ok, you made your points! You could shut up anytime now... I only have so much money, you know.  
wink.gif

rolleyes.gif

Aw, what's the use... we both know I will be ordering these on Monday. 
biggrin.gif

I will bring my Predator on Sunday. I am curious to see how it compares to the Arrow. It certainly does not have the same array of features. Of course, it does have a DAC but you pay more for it too.

Oct 30, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #1,142 of 4,123
hi...
when i plug the earphones/headphones to the arrow...
am i hearing the sound from the source or from the arrow itself?
i really like to know this because...

if im getting the sound now from the arrow and not the ipod, i may now know that this arrow is essentially useful.
does it bypass the sound from the source or does it still give you the sound from the source?

will somebody help me?
sorry...im still seeking some light here.

Oct 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #1,143 of 4,123
@ Orcin:

See you on Sunday. Will have the S:flo 2, the Arrow and a couple full sized cans to share the love with. 
smile.gif
 (but don't say I didn't warn you! my gal is in town and we've got plans for really late Saturday! So I might look like Yoda, and at best? Gollum) ... LOL. See you there, mang!

BTW ... to whoever asked?

Yes, the S:flo 2 has two DAC chips ... one for each channel (L/R) ... as one reviewer has said ... this makes for "a potent" mix.

You be the judge, but I think it sounds awesome. 

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #1,144 of 4,123

Quote:
hi...
when i plug the earphones/headphones to the arrow...
am i hearing the sound from the source or from the arrow itself?
i really like to know this because...

if im getting the sound now from the arrow and not the ipod, i may now know that this arrow is essentially useful.
does it bypass the sound from the source or does it still give you the sound from the source?

will somebody help me?
sorry...im still seeking some light here.

Arrow is an amp.  It is amplifying your source.  It is not a DAC decoding the signal from your source and 'making' sound.

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #1,147 of 4,123
I have ordered an Arrow 12 HE. I currently use a 6th gen Classic with Nu-force Icon mobile, which is pretty near the bottom of the pile when it comes to portable amps. 

I currently use Westone W3 but have a pair of UE 5 EB's and a slightly damaged pair of Shure 530's ( cable grommet as usual).

Going by all the comments regarding the Arrow, I should be pleasantly surprised by the performance of the Arrow.

Very usefull Forum you have here. 

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #1,148 of 4,123

Quote:
@ Orcin:

See you on Sunday. Will have the S:flo 2, the Arrow and a couple full sized cans to share the love with. 
smile.gif
 (but don't say I didn't warn you! my gal is in town and we've got plans for really late Saturday! So I might look like Yoda, and at best? Gollum) ... LOL. See you there, mang!

BTW ... to whoever asked?

Yes, the S:flo 2 has two DAC chips ... one for each channel (L/R) ... as one reviewer has said ... this makes for "a potent" mix.

You be the judge, but I think it sounds awesome. 

I asked and would like to know where to buy one and how much they are.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #1,149 of 4,123

Quote:
I have ordered an Arrow 12 HE. I currently use a 6th gen Classic with Nu-force Icon mobile, which is pretty near the bottom of the pile when it comes to portable amps. 

I currently use Westone W3 but have a pair of UE 5 EB's and a slightly damaged pair of Shure 530's ( cable grommet as usual).

Going by all the comments regarding the Arrow, I should be pleasantly surprised by the performance of the Arrow.

Very usefull Forum you have here. 

Welcome to head-fi...pretty sure you will be pleasantly surprised
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #1,153 of 4,123
I got some clipping on an HE-5 and to a lesser extent on a K701 so I believe that is about the line on the Arrow (meaning it's pretty damn powerful for a portable).

Nov 3, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #1,155 of 4,123
Not sure, but I think there were some that ordered in April and received theirs in October. I placed mine in the beginning of July and I'm still waiting. I'm guessing the waiting period will get shorter once Robert catches up with all the "pre" orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back