Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Oct 19, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #1,082 of 4,123

Quote:
... this community is really addictive.

Just wait, you haven't seen the half of it yet!  Sorry about your wallet.
beerchug.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #1,083 of 4,123
worth getting one of these to use with ipod touch 4g and shure se535?. my thinking is that I want to utilise the line out's better signal/sq, and that the arrow is the slimmest amp available so won't mind keeping it constantly attached to the ipod. Used to use a classic plus t3 and hated the way it stretched my jeans, and made them fall down from the weight. plus the arrow future proof if I decide to get some full size cans. Thoughts?

edit: btw, from pics, I'm thinking it's about the same thickness as the touch, but pics can be decieving and the t3 was alot smaller irl than in pics. Some impressions would be nice. I know size seems a weird concern, but I won't use it if it's too chunky and will end up selling at a loss, like I did with the d10 i had (though i did enjoy using the dac on my laptop, but didn't use it enbough to warrant keeping it.

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #1,084 of 4,123
It's Kate Moss after being on "Survivor" for a month and then catching the flu.

I don't have any experience with a "true" LO, but it made my SE530s come alive. Just skim this thread. You'll find many comparable (and favorable) impressions. 

Quote:
worth getting one of these to use with ipod touch 4g and shure se535?. my thinking is that I want to utilise the line out's better signal/sq, and that the arrow is the slimmest amp available so won't mind keeping it constantly attached to the ipod. Used to use a classic plus t3 and hated the way it stretched my jeans, and made them fall down from the weight. plus the arrow future proof if I decide to get some full size cans. Thoughts?

edit: btw, from pics, I'm thinking it's about the same thickness as the touch, but pics can be decieving and the t3 was alot smaller irl than in pics. Some impressions would be nice. I know size seems a weird concern, but I won't use it if it's too chunky and will end up selling at a loss, like I did with the d10 i had (though i did enjoy using the dac on my laptop, but didn't use it enbough to warrant keeping it.

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #1,085 of 4,123
thanks for the reply. will do!

just hoping that I can find a seller before I get paid in a couple of weeks (just throwing that out there =)). Don't like the sound of having to wait a month (or more) for a new arrow; though I will if I have to.

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #1,086 of 4,123

Quote:

This is a picture I found on the net (posted earlier in this thread) of the Arrow w.Touch. I think the Arrow is a bit thinner than the Touch.  A perfect match regardless
cool.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #1,090 of 4,123
Does anyone have any experience with the Touch 3g/4g in combination with the Arrow? I've used the Arrow with my Sony X1050's line out before I sold the Sony and now I am looking for the same SQ. 

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #1,091 of 4,123

Quote:
hi...
help here please...
is the ue700 good with the arrow amp?
people, what do you think?

The Arrow is a neutral amp with a great deal of adjustability. Reading even a small portion of this thread would tell you that it is a good match for any head/earphone. A good amplifier doesn't change the sound of the source and associated components. I find the Arrow allows the sound of the music (most important) and the rest of the components ie. the source & headphones to come through clearly and with as little coloration as I've heard with any portable amp. If you want to tailor the sound for a particular source or headphone (add bass boost etc.) it offers the option.

If you take the time to read some of this thread I think you will find many people have said the same thing.

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #1,092 of 4,123
I really want one of these.  I am fresh from the Pico Slim preorder debacle.  I spent December to June or July on the list, spent another 3 weeks chasing a refund, and my number didn't ship until late August or early September.  I don't want to go through that again.

So... How is the quoted delivery vs. actual delivery?  Currently, the website states that current orders will ship in November.  I can deal with November 30th.  I dont want to deal with November December January February.

Any comments?   

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #1,093 of 4,123
is it really worth investing an amp?
specially the arrow...
from my understanding...arrow is one of the best amp out there.
not only the form, function, sound but also the price...

what does it really do aside from amping?
amping = giving more volume, power to drive a head gear right?
aside from that...
is there anything else?

does it change the color of your sound?
does it clean the sound?

...sorry people.
i am stupid i know.
but hoping you kind people will enlighten me more.

i never own an amp in my life.
even my speakers has an amp that i cant see since it is inside the speaker...audioengine a5.

note...
stupid of me.
thanks to hellenback for your patience and for answering some of my querries....
you are very kind.
happy listening!

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #1,094 of 4,123

Quote:
is it really worth investing an amp?
specially the arrow...
from my understanding...arrow is one of the best amp out there.
not only the form, function, sound but also the price...

what does it really do aside from amping?
amping = giving more volume, power to drive a head gear right?
aside from that...
is there anything else?

does it change the color of your sound?
does it clean the sound?
what does it really does?

...sorry people.
i am stupid i know.
but hoping you kind people will enlighten me more.

i never own an amp in my life.
even my speakers has an amp that i cant see since it is inside the speaker...audioengine a5.

In most cases people are happy w/o an amp.  Unless you are using an IEM that NEEDS an amp you will most likely get 85%-95% of your phones ability w/o an amp.  In many cases phones do not get enough power from the source so they are not showing you their potential.  The job of an amp is to get that last 5-15%.  It should not color sound though they can, especially if you do it yourself.  The Arrow and others can offer things like bass boost, gain, impedance, DACs and crossfeed to increase versatility if they choose.  But that has nothing to do w/ what an amp is 'supposed' to do.  Which is give the phone enough good clean power to do its job correctly.  

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #1,095 of 4,123
well, thank you very much to you ANAXILUS.

i am just wondering why people go ga-ga on amps...
the reason is with it...it makes their head gears sing.
good.

i am just wondering...do i need one?
how will i know?
is it really essential to own one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back