Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Jul 9, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #3,916 of 4,123
did u buy one
not yet but I will. Remember all versions comes with two treble boost, two bass boost and freq boost. The bass enhanced version each bass boost will each hit a bit harder.

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #3,918 of 4,123
Jul 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #3,919 of 4,123
Any impressions of how arrow + iPhone + low impedance IEMs compares to iPhone + low impedance IEMs​?  I'm mostly curious about whether the Arrow's DAC is better than the iphone's, as my IEMs are easy to drive.

Jul 23, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #3,920 of 4,123
Any impressions of how arrow + iPhone + low impedance IEMs compares to iPhone + low impedance IEMs​?  I'm mostly curious about whether the Arrow's DAC is better than the iphone's, as my IEMs are easy to drive.

The 5tx DAC was not very good, I emailed and asked if the 6 will have a better DAC and what he will be using. So far yes it will be better is all I got. I currently switched to the chord mojo which sounds extremely good, good enough DAC to where I decided to buy the chord Dave for my home DAC over my older naim DAC.

Jul 23, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #3,921 of 4,123
The 5tx DAC was not very good, I emailed and asked if the 6 will have a better DAC and what he will be using. So far yes it will be better is all I got. I currently switched to the chord mojo which sounds extremely good, good enough DAC to where I decided to buy the chord Dave for my home DAC over my older naim DAC.

The arrow has plenty of power to power most headphones very well just a very dated DAC.

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #3,922 of 4,123

Interesting since I just tried this combo. I have iphone 5s and arrow 5p and I definitely felt a difference in sound with the shure 846 iem. The sound even though not other worldly different felt more controlled overall with more impactful controlled bass.
I went back and forth so as to be very sure I need the extra connections and I can say I liked the sound better with the arrow.

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #3,923 of 4,123
Interesting since I just tried this combo. I have iphone 5s and arrow 5p and I definitely felt a difference in sound with the shure 846 iem. The sound even though not other worldly different felt more controlled overall with more impactful controlled bass.
I went back and forth so as to be very sure I need the extra connections and I can say I liked the sound better with the arrow.

Having enough power from your amp will give you better bass, the arrow is know for being a pleasant sounding warm amp. It just has a basic 16bit 44-48 DAC like most phones or computers built into it. While DAC amps like the chord mojo have 32 bit 768 DACs built in, the sound difference is very noticeable.

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #3,924 of 4,123
Having enough power from your amp will give you better bass, the arrow is know for being a pleasant sounding warm amp. It just has a basic 16bit 44-48 DAC like most phones or computers built into it. While DAC amps like the chord mojo have 32 bit 768 DACs built in, the sound difference is very noticeable.
I agree that the Mojo has a very good sound BUT its bass does not hit strong enough especially compared to the Arrow. The Mojos battery last 7.5 hrs and its bulky and heavy. The Mojo gets hot. The Mojos dac is whats good and the Arrows amp is whats good. By the way with the Arrow one can tailor the sound cause it has treble and bass boost, with the Mojo one cant unless one connects the Mojo to a phone and uses an app with an EQ.

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #3,925 of 4,123
I agree that the Mojo has a very good sound BUT its bass does not hit strong enough especially compared to the Arrow. The Mojos battery last 7.5 hrs and its bulky and heavy. The Mojo gets hot. The Mojos dac is whats good and the Arrows amp is whats good. By the way with the Arrow one can tailor the sound cause it has treble and bass boost, with the Mojo one cant unless one connects the Mojo to a phone and uses an app with an EQ.

Yeah sound is personal, the arrow is too colored for my taste I got rid of it after a very short period. The mojo sound much more natural, battery lasts about 9 hours for me. The mojo has much more separation and detail and defined bass instead of extra boom. But I also love my chord Dave DAC on my home stereo with naim preamp, amp and nautilus speakers. So I prefer the detail, air and separation instead of the extra warmth but that's personal.

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #3,926 of 4,123
Yeah sound is personal, the arrow is too colored for my taste I got rid of it after a very short period. The mojo sound much more natural, battery lasts about 9 hours for me. The mojo has much more separation and detail and defined bass instead of extra boom. But I also love my chord Dave DAC on my home stereo with naim preamp, amp and nautilus speakers. So I prefer the detail, air and separation instead of the extra warmth but that's personal.
Enjoy.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #3,928 of 4,123
How does the Headstage Arrow 3G stack up against current versions?
I owned the 3g back when I was still using my dx50, and recently messed around with a friend's 5tx(?). The core sound is still very much...arrow-like, warm and not the most detailed, but the added feature of treble boost and bass boost have a cleaner effect to them imo, the stage 2 switch on the 3g made everything just go boom iirc, whereas the 5tx was more about a solid kick in the low frequencies.

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #3,929 of 4,123
I owned the 3g back when I was still using my dx50, and recently messed around with a friend's 5tx(?). The core sound is still very much...arrow-like, warm and not the most detailed, but the added feature of treble boost and bass boost have a cleaner effect to them imo, the stage 2 switch on the 3g made everything just go boom iirc, whereas the 5tx was more about a solid kick in the low frequencies.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back