Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Mar 8, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #2,956 of 4,123

Since when did an arrow amp become a DIY? Am I missing something?

my mistake - i meant an amp made in small quantities from Robert

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #2,957 of 4,123
AFAIK. the Headstage is made in reasonable
quantity. It isn't a kitchen table job.
Robert moved to China to keep QC high. Quite a commitment to his product.
Shame he doesn't have the same passion for customer service!

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #2,959 of 4,123

Headstage is like that. No response to email, nothing. They will take as much time as they want and keep you in the dark. But I guess they eventually reach their destination no one just when when. Sometimes, they take months. I got frustrated back then and I cancelled instead thru paypal dispute.

I've never heard of Headstage not responding to a request for a refund without the need to file a dispute. Check the Toxic cables thread re waiting...and yes, I know Frank replies on this forum but Robert is not a head-fi MOT and his first language isn't English. I've bought amps since the Lyrix and have been frustrated at times with lack of communication, but always received my amp (which is what is important in the end).

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #2,960 of 4,123

I've never heard of Headstage not responding to a request for a refund without the need to file a dispute. Check the Toxic cables thread re waiting...and yes, I know Frank replies on this forum but Robert is not a head-fi MOT and his first language isn't English. I've bought amps since the Lyrix and have been frustrated at times with lack of communication, but always received my amp (which is what is important in the end).

I didn't want to do that but I never get any replies via email including the request for a refund. I didn't mind waiting if he just sent a single reply on how long I should wait.

What would you do if he sells an amp indicating that it will ship in a week, I'm not talking about pre-orders here but gone more than a week without any news. 

I only started sending follow up mails after more than a week since I placed my order. How hard it can be to check your mail once in a week. I don't think he receive tons of emails selling his amps.

It never stop vendors from Korea and China replying to my email even if the reply clearly is from a google translate.

I had no choice but to do it via dispute. I know I didn't see any single complaint of not receiving their amps at all. But still waiting indefinitely? Regardless how good a product is you need to establish communication with your customer.

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #2,963 of 4,123
Anybody know where to get a 3G or 4G or any other version right now? There was one in the forums that I missed out on, so I am still looking.

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #2,964 of 4,123
I hav
Anybody know where to get a 3G or 4G or any other version right now? There was one in the forums that I missed out on, so I am still looking.

I have a 4G I bought new in Sept 2012 from Robert. I'm based in Singapore and can be persuaded to part with it. It has hardly been used since I have quite a few portable amps. PM me.

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #2,968 of 4,123
Congratulations!! So how was it?

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #2,969 of 4,123
still listening.....first impressions are pretty good.....no hiss, very variable settings possible for different kind of music, great to switch from classical at all neutral settings, to Boys noize electro fun with incredibly deep and powerful yet clean bass.....well.....stage one bass....stage two starts to get really intense.....feels like standing next to a huge loudspeaker in a club.....a mix between a "wow" moment and a "ok i have to get some distance here..." moment....
But soundstage is much better than i thought, overall you can either a a great warm enveloping sound or something quite neutral with yet great depth and space....listening to Joanna Newsom right now and the highs are very nice without being too sparkly

still trying to see differences in the crossfeed setting....

weakest point in my opinion is the volume control, too sensitif for such a powerful amp....especially coming from a Fiio e11 with a nob....with the arrow you really need to be careful when reaching for it in your pocket....i guess you make the mistake once or twice to do in a hurry....not a third time. 
I still prefer this wheel to the Fiio nob though, positioning makes it easier 

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #2,970 of 4,123
meaning....you also gave birth? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back