Headset with alot of bass
Oct 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JohnnyReef

New Head-Fier
I really feel confused on getting a new headset. I've tried the Sennheiser 598 and Sennheiser 580, both i feel lack ALOT in the bass department. That said, it can be just me who is used to "gamer headsets" so keep that in mind. I read a review saying the Sennheiser 580's are bass heavy which i really dont understand. It has very neutral sound in my opinion. 

So what are my options for a headset with alot of bass. I see that many say that Beyer Dynamic DT770 have alot of bass but im scared thats just another "Audiophile" claim like the 580's beeing bass heavy. If i do some equalizing on the 580's they sound a bit ok on the bass department, but would love more deep bass that kinda vibrates your ear :)

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 8
The 770s are definitely bassier than the 580s, so they'd be a good option.  I have a pair of Denon D600s that I really like, and they're definitely not neutral; they're bassier, but in a good way, which doesn't detract from the clarity and detail.  I got them for $250 refurbished here:
http://www.accessories4less.com/index.php?page=item&id=DENAHD600&gclid=CIXav_jKnroCFYdQ7AodSGEA1A
They're even cheaper now than when I bought them, and IMO a very good deal at that price.

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 8
Beats by Dr Dre 
k701smile.gif
 (don't buy these, I'm joking ofcourse)

But consider trying the B&W P7. The bass on both the B&W P5 and P7 is pretty strong.

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 8
DT-770 or maybe Ultrasone HFI-580 / DJ-1 would probably satisfy. I just want to point out though that you might be used to the bloated sound most gaming headsets sport now, but give some time to a more natural sounding headphone and you might change your mind. I can understand you find the bass lacking in the HD598 though. The DT-770 or Ultrasones are still probably going to have less bass than your average gaming headset, but it will be much cleaner and accurate. You still get a good "punch" though if that's what you're after.

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 8
M-Audio Q40

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 8
Whatever you do, don't try the AD700! Way too much bass! Anyone who uses that loves bloated bass and non existent treble.
By my estimates it has 25% more bass than the Denon D1100.

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 8
I'd highly recommend the B&W P7 if you want a rich and deep bass, that is at the same time not drowning out the rest of the sound spectrum. Very tight and controlled, yet goes very deep when a song asks for it and will stay away when a song doesn't ask for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back