Headsave New Classic mini review
Jan 25, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #16 of 24
That would explain why Norm recommended me RScomponents and was very surprised to hear about my troubles with them.
I know other Europeans have had simular problems with them. So maybe it differs from country to country...

Jan 25, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
That would explain why Norm recommended me RScomponents and was very surprised to hear about my troubles with them.
I know other Europeans have had simular problems with them. So maybe it differs from country to country...

Think you may have encountered an RS jobsworth!
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
Think you may have encountered an RS jobsworth!
tongue.gif

What's a jobsworth?

But how did you order? In the registration I had to fill in details about my business, that I don't have, obviously. You couldn't even order if you had no business. But I tried anyway saying that I couldn't fill that info because there wasn't any. And then I got the e-mail telling me to order at least for €100.

Jan 25, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #19 of 24
RS Components do not sell to individuals here in Norway either, but they recommended me another retailer that didn't have the mascot in stock at that moment, so they took a phonecall to mascot and the psu got shipped directly from the factory the next day. Luckily the factory is located in Norway
biggrin.gif
Got here faster than the Classic which I'm still waiting for. Hope it will arrive this week, got shipped last Thursday. Aaaargh... the waiting. And this review doesn't help much either
tongue.gif

Can't wait to groove with my MS1
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #20 of 24
Well done review.

I just finished burning in a Classic myself, and installed it in my system today. I'm very impressed at how good it sounds, especially at its price. Mine uses the OPA 637/627 opamps, and drives my K501s as loudly as I need it to. I've got the input connected to one of my deHavilland preamp outputs, and the two seem to work harmoniously. It's kinda strange; the tubes in the preamp are almost the same size as the Classic!

The Classic doesn't make the K501s sound bass-heavy (ha!), but the bass is punchy and well-defined. Mids are detailed, and highs are extended without being edgy. The overall sound is very open and spacious, one of the things I like about the K501s.

There may be better amps out there (at a price), but the Classic is a, well, classic. Glad I got one of the last ones. Norm says he will continue to support his customers, so that potential concern is resolved.

Jan 25, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
What's a jobsworth?

But how did you order? In the registration I had to fill in details about my business, that I don't have, obviously. You couldn't even order if you had no business. But I tried anyway saying that I couldn't fill that info because there wasn't any. And then I got the e-mail telling me to order at least for €100.

Jobsworth = Someone who won't budge on a rule - ie 'It's more than my jobs worth
biggrin.gif
I didn't order mine off the website - Rang up and spoke to a nice lady who told me where to send a cheque and thats what i did
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #24 of 24
There is no pop at all when turning the amp on or when inserting/removing headphones while the amp is powered on. Only blissful silence. There is a very slight pop a few seconds after flipping the switch to the off position, when the caps deplete themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back