Headsave is Gone! Best Wishes To Norm.
Jan 11, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #76 of 101
Norm, I never got a chance to order one of your amps (never exactly had the money), but I'm sure they are great and hopefully I'll get to listen to one someday. Thanks for the Plainview batteries, they are perfect for driving my amp. Best wishes for a happy rest of your life. I'm sure this will take a huge load off of you!

So what is he going to do with all of his extra plainviews and supplies anyway?

Jan 11, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #77 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
So what is he going to do with all of his extra plainviews and supplies anyway?

give them away to his loyal customers?
icon10.gif

Jan 12, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #78 of 101
Looks like I got me order in just in time then. All things considered I should be thankful that Norm is willing to make one last batch. Now I'm glad I didn't decide to pay by money order!
tongue.gif

Jan 12, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #79 of 101
Well, Norm, you're doing what you see as being in your best interest, so what can we say but, "Congratulations and Best Wishes"? We'll miss the great value and innovation in your products, and we'll miss having you make our amps for us. Maybe now that you're no longer a vendor, we'll hear from you a LITTLE more frequently in the forums? I, for one, hope so. Thanks for everything, and here's to your success and satisfaction in the endeavors and matters of life that you want to devote more of your time and energy to.

Jan 12, 2005 at 7:12 AM Post #80 of 101
Christ my first post on this forum has to be a sad one.
blink.gif
(holding go vibe rocking in the corner).

Thanks, Norm! Good wishes and still enjoying the sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #81 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
give them away to his loyal customers?
icon10.gif

biggrin.gif
He could offer them and his DIY parts for sale. I'm sure there would be takers.

Jan 12, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #82 of 101
I feel sad
frown.gif
. And my PPA made by Norm in 2003 which is currently sitting next to my laptop feels the same
frown.gif

As sbulack said: "Congratulations and Best Wishes" to you.

Jan 12, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #83 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
Hi Norm,

I was reading this and saw the obvious impact of a sudden closing business. So I was wondering if you could allow the members in this thread to place a last and final group order....there is a few dozens people in that boat.

Some kind of a last «au revoir» that could made you enter in the legend of Head-Fi...( I know I'm pushing it.....
biggrin.gif
)

Amicalement

Splendid suggestion! I just hope he bites - I'd bite too, then.
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jan 13, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #85 of 101
eh ? Norm quitted making amps due to increasing demands ?
what a sad news..

You know what he should've done is, just set a monthly quota for his own amp on his website... eg. in January, only 10 amps will be produced, so whoever order it first, will get the amp, after 10 amps ordered, people who wants to get an amp has to wait 'til february (with the quota) and so on...

This way he can allocate his time properly too (between this amp building and his other job) and can actually make the amp more "exclusive"...

Any chance convincing Norm to change his mind ?

He's really a great guy to deal with though.. that's why I think it's a real shame if he doesn't wanna build amps anymore..

Jan 13, 2005 at 1:45 PM Post #87 of 101
sigh.
frown.gif

all the best, norm.

frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back