Heads up! Philips HP460 for $18.65 shipped.
Nov 25, 2006 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

incognitoedleon

500+ Head-Fier
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Philips-SBC-HP46...QQcmdZViewItem

I just stumbled upon these on ebay and just could not say no to that price! Apparently they are very similar to the AKG K81DJ and should serve as an excellent alternative.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=171029
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203982
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=178046

These are running for around 40 dollars when you include shipping elsewhere, so it seems to be a nice deal indeed.
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2006 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 24
Thanks. I wonder if they're good for DJing.

Nov 25, 2006 at 10:09 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought-it-now

What the hell? I have no need for them at all!

I'm all too familiar with that. Damn hobbies!

Nov 25, 2006 at 11:46 AM Post #5 of 24
Wow, what a price. Until they run out of stock or realize they've underpriced them, this is going to be the best cheap deal in headphonedom. It's the new version of the KSC-75 for $10 sale. Buy em up, folks! You'll get a pretty close competitor to the K81dj, perhaps just a bit inferior with a good amp, but neck and neck unamped,with a similar fun, bass-heavy signature. Plus the philips is more comfortable because it doesn't have the vise-grip clamping, though it also doesn't isolate quite as much. A great buy.

Nov 25, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 24
Not a bad deal, though I would not recommend them if you have large ears and/or wear glasses.

Nov 25, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 24
AAArgh!!!

I hate this place!!

Just snagged me a pair
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Expect shoot-out in the near future, if they turn out ot be decent, this thread could end up like the Koss A250 ebay blowout.

SR60 -VS- HP-460

Notice it says they are not in original packaging. So, I'm guessing thats the reason for their low price.

I recall reading some comments in one of the Canada meets. Clearly not a top-tier can, but for the $$$ ~$40 they are a good value in a closed semi-isolating can.

Garrett

Nov 25, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 24
Thanks for the heads up. Nice deal!

Nov 25, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #10 of 24
Well maybe not such a good deal after all. I just got this message from the seller.

Hi,
The set of headphones you purchased has the wrong stock Photo. The set is
actually an over the ear style. If this is an issue, please let me know before I
send. We are really sorry for any inconvenience.

Anyone else? I just sent him a reply asking him to check the model number.

Nov 25, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #11 of 24
Looks like a bust. I just got this in the email as well:

Message From Seller:
The set of headphones you purchased has the wrong stock Photo is the
wrong item, the item we have is the SBC HS 460. Our help made a mistake
and we are truly sorry for any inconveniences. The set is actually an
over the ear style. We will issue a refund want you to keep as a piece
offering the HS 460 that have been already sent .

Nov 25, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Todd, I just got a shipping confirmation on them, but no notice that these were incorrectly listed. Honestly, I bet the small flood of orders over the past half day made him realize that they were severely underpriced. It's a bit shifty, but maybe the seller is trying to cut his losses (or lower margins) for the later orders by claiming a mistake on the listing.

I think you may be right. All I did was ask him to check the model #, & the next thing I know he sent me a refund. Oh well, nothing gained, nothing lost. I hope you guys who got in do indeed get the HP460.

Nov 25, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: Huh. Right after I posted the above message, I got a refund and that same note from the seller. And I thought they shipped too
frown.gif

Oh well, so much for a few of us getting lucky then.

Nov 25, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #14 of 24
Yeah... They just refunded my payment for the full amount. I still left them a positive remark, I appreciate their honesty and willingness to refund my payment.... rather than keep my $$$ and send a different item (which is what I have had other sellers try to do.)

That was too good a deal to pass up.

my local Frys had those cans for $39.

Garrett

Nov 25, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #15 of 24
I'm going to drop a positive rating too Garrett. I do appreciate the immediate full refund he gave after shipping out the wrong headphones. Some sellers would make you ship them back for the refund or hope you don't care about a different model or only offer a partial or something in hopes the buyer's too lazy/busy to jump through those hoops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back