Heads up! pcdp for sale!
Jul 29, 2002 at 2:58 AM Post #16 of 64
This guy, "Poolboy," needs to report himself in sometimes....he've won...ton and tons of legedary discmans. Those D-88 sure to please. I remember bidding on one and the final bid price was 250 dollars. I, however, lucked out....bought one for 40 dollars...but it was broken during the shipping process.
confused.gif

Jul 29, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #17 of 64
Don't think so,
I also was after this item and
Toshiba XR-P9 (1368358143) but auction finished... gess time diff...
I didn't calculated correctly.
Don't worry there is always second chance.

Jul 29, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #18 of 64
I was watching the D88 too. From what I understand, it plays regular cds, but they spin exposed out of the enclosure?
What ever, too expensive for me. I just picked up a sansui player and a back up D5A. Will keep you guys posted.
Now that I got my D303, am have become interested in other manufacturers like denon and kenwood.
thanks,
md

Jul 29, 2002 at 6:07 AM Post #19 of 64
Millerdog,
What is your favorite discman? Try gettin your hand on Kenwood DPC-971 and you will be amazed with its beautiful design. The design was quite nice...I can't comment on the sound though. The older Kenwood PCDPs feature many DSP settings and usually came with a wireless remote. Denon PCDPs are known for their accuration of the music. The fun factor is absent here.

Purk

Jul 29, 2002 at 6:15 AM Post #20 of 64
Purk,
I will tell my favorites once I get a collection like yours!
Thanks for the insights! I will be looking out for those models.
I have been trying to make a list of all the non sony players that may be okay.
The denon DCP series: 50,70,100,150
The Kenwood DCP: 721,72 792
Technics: SLX; P2(****ty) P5, P7, P160
By the way, there was an ebay thing listing a Sony MDR605?
Anyone know about this player?
thanks,
md

Jul 29, 2002 at 6:17 AM Post #21 of 64
Purk,
I will tell my favorites once I get a collection like yours!
Thanks for the insights! I will be looking out for those models.
I have been trying to make a list of all the non sony players that may be okay.
The denon DCP series: 50,70,100,150
The Kenwood DCP: 721,72 792
Technics: SLX; P2(****ty) P5, P7, P160
By the way, there was an ebay thing listing a Sony MDR605?
Anyone know about this player?
thanks,
md
I haven't yet got any sansui model #s..if anyone has some, that would be a help!

Jul 29, 2002 at 6:23 AM Post #22 of 64
Millerdog,
I'll take your word for it. I'm expect to hear some good quality from MeithKiller's Pana Sl-S700. I have the Sl-S651c, and SX-500. I expect a lot from this player. I also have my D-35 (Keith's) coming. Hopefully, all my investment is worthwhile.

Purk

P.S.
I still believe that Sony makes the best Discman(s). Definitely, Denon, Kenwood, and Pana are great too.

Jul 29, 2002 at 6:31 AM Post #23 of 64
Thanks Purk!
(hastily scribbling down some panasonic model numbers).
I wanna hear the D35 review!
(at first I was just looking for a nice pcdp with an optical line out; damn! I think I am a collector now)
md

Jul 29, 2002 at 6:35 AM Post #24 of 64
Millerdog,
I'll let you know about the D-35. Hopefully, it is not worth collecting...so I can pass it on to someone else. I pretty much just audition them...and if they are not worth keeping, I let it goes. Hopefully....it is a bad player. Collecting Discmans are a bit insane.
wink.gif
I'm hook on this! My last one might be the Optimus CD-3400, again...hopefully.

Purk

Aug 1, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #25 of 64
So I finally got my Sony D-465, but it was worth the wait because this player is SWEET! I can't believe it but it totally outclasses my previous pcdp (Sony D-E401) and my old Sony receiver listening on Senn 580s, especially in the details department, or maybe actually the entire mid and high range. Bass seems a little shy compared to the receiver, but maybe it's more "tight" as well, I need to listen much more.

Anyway, this thing makes me wanna get a dedicated amp, but I'm really cheap so this will do for now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2002 at 5:21 AM Post #26 of 64
Royboy2k,
The 465 is second most expensive model during the D-777's production line (199-97?). It has exceptional built quality. The top part of the chassis is aluminum. It is one of the fist Sony to equip with mini optical output and 20 sec ESP. The sound quality is on par with the newer Sony MD recorder. It sounds very similar to my R900. The bass can be a bit medicore, but it has a sweet midrange, and nice clarity. In other words, it sounds a bit bright with great details.
I never did try the line out when I have this player (my gf has it now). Anyway, nice buy...and this player looks very sexy with the blue backlit LCD. Great buy, indeed.

Purk

Aug 2, 2002 at 11:34 AM Post #27 of 64
I may have to try for that D465.
There are also a couple of D2s out there.
I also saw a DT2 and DT3 I think. am/fm cd players from a land far far away and from a long long time ago.
Hopefully I'll get my Sansui tomorrow and let you guys know.
md

Aug 21, 2002 at 8:15 AM Post #29 of 64
Okay,
I got a Sansui CD303.
plastic, two AA batteries.
sounds okay. Actually kinda cool. Like D33.
list this as not to get.
md

Aug 21, 2002 at 12:47 PM Post #30 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Royboy2k,
The 465 is second most expensive model during the D-777's production line (199-97?). It has exceptional built quality. The top part of the chassis is aluminum. It is one of the fist Sony to equip with mini optical output and 20 sec ESP. The sound quality is on par with the newer Sony MD recorder. It sounds very similar to my R900. The bass can be a bit medicore, but it has a sweet midrange, and nice clarity. In other words, it sounds a bit bright with great details.
I never did try the line out when I have this player (my gf has it now). Anyway, nice buy...and this player looks very sexy with the blue backlit LCD. Great buy, indeed.

Purk

I have to agree. I have the D345, which was the smaller brother of 465 back in 1997. To me they sound very similar anyway. The bass is tight IMO but goes deeper than on the EJ725 and is well resolved. This thing works wonders through its headphone jack with Koss KSC35. I'm so glad i didn't sell it (which I was considering a few days ago)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back