Heads up! pcdp for sale!
Jul 18, 2002 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

millerdog

1000+ Head-Fier
I was hoping we could use this thread as a heads up for pcdp's for sale. I check ebay everyother day or so, but don't go through the whole list but once a week.
I know some of you collect certain pcdps, and I thought we should start this thread. We could also review players here. I just got tired of using the search and seeing so many posts!
Yeah, I used to keep quiet about ebay auctions; I got my D303 so now I don't really care. Just don't bid against me! lol
D777 on ebay!
md

Jul 18, 2002 at 5:51 AM Post #3 of 64
lol ian!
after searching ebay, I have seen some with (-1) feedback! What a trip!
md

Jul 19, 2002 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 64
Quote:

Just don't bid against me! lol

Tell your handle and I promise I won't. I'm eagleDONTSPAMwagon@aol.com. (obviously, take out the dontspam) I make it a point not to bid against other members of this forum (and others) and only ask two things if we both want something (and I let them know that is the case):

1. if they win, they help me watch for another one (whatever it is).
2. if the the bid goes over their max, that at least let me know incase I am willing to bid more.

FWIW, I have gotten a couple good deals on items this way and made a couple friends instead of enemies.

Jul 20, 2002 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 64
Just today I got a nice lookin' Sony D-465 for only $20.50 (on eBay)! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

So you guys aren't gonna bid on the D-777 because of the "1" feedback? How much do those things go for nowadays?

Jul 20, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #6 of 64
roy,
D-777 goes for 120-160 dollars for an excellent condition one.

Purk

Jul 21, 2002 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 64
hmmm, 2 feedback. . .

Personally, if someone here bids on something, I make it a point not to bid against them.

But it would be nice to know which models to look after. . .

Jul 23, 2002 at 6:53 AM Post #8 of 64
There are a couple of D5s on sale. I would recommend getting one, just cause it was the first! There is also an auction with three pcdp that includes a non working D303, a Technics and I think a Kenwood? There is also a Sansui player for sale.
My handle is Jmideta.
Audio Redneck, I will look out for you! I think you have a cool idea! We all want the same thing, but we all have limits. I am game. Anyone else want to give out their ebay handle so we can watch out for each other?
Anyone here listen to a Kenwood player? The look kinda nice.
md
(edit) that d777 is still going for a great price.

Jul 23, 2002 at 1:18 PM Post #9 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by millerdog

(edit) that d777 is still going for a great price.

Yeah, I've noticed. Going to make a last second decision on that one
tongue.gif

Jul 23, 2002 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 64
Well at the moment, I am not planning on bidding on any PCDPs. I am watching for an infared remote adaptor for for the D-xx series.

Wish I had more time and cash as summer is considered a buyers-market on ebay.

Jul 24, 2002 at 7:29 PM Post #13 of 64
Glad it went to someone from head-fi. Nice work ian!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2002 at 5:50 AM Post #14 of 64
Ian,
Congrat on the d-777. Please, share your thought on this classic looking discman. Maybe D-777 VS D-555 shoot out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back