HeadRoom10% Discount for '05?
Feb 17, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #46 of 59
I think it would make much more sense that a discount be based on time as a member, such as must have been a member for at least 1 year. That way enthusiasts are easier to identify
eggosmile.gif

If you've been hanging around here for a few years, you should certainly be due some kind of condolensces/discount
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #47 of 59
Hmm 10% off if I make over 100 posts, sounds promising to make a thread for all of us under 100 lol. But seriously I wouldn't be worth it for us in the UK, by the time paid for international shipping, then import taxes it would be more expensive than buying in the stupidly expensive United Kingdom
rolleyes.gif
If only there was a UK dealer that would be willing to do the same deal, then it would be interesting.

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #48 of 59
I begin to suspect that by the time this thread reaches its end, all the participants will qualify for a discount based on the number of posts.
biggrin.gif

Who's asked HeadRoom the question?

BW

Feb 18, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #49 of 59
I just got this response from HeadRoom:

Quote:

We actually haven't decided weather or not we will be offering a Head-Fi
discount this year. I know Ros had told you we were but when she wrote
that we thought it was going to be offered but there has been some
debate so no decision has been made yet.

If we do decide to offer a Head-Fi discount it will be posted on Head-Fi
somewhere by Jamey or Tyll so keep a look out.

Mario Maltese
HeadRoom
800-828-8184 ext 105
mario@headphone.com

Feb 18, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #50 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by earache
I think it would make much more sense that a discount be based on time as a member, such as must have been a member for at least 1 year. That way enthusiasts are easier to identify
eggosmile.gif

If you've been hanging around here for a few years, you should certainly be due some kind of condolensces/discount
biggrin.gif

I agree that the hundred-post-count rule is probably not the best, but having to have been a member for a year also doesn't seem very fair either. I have only been on for three months now, but I think that I should get a discount. Maybe it should track how often you visit head-fi, then if you only lurk you would also get a discount.

Or they could hire someone to keep track of every single member's behavior to see if they deserve a mark down...

Feb 18, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #51 of 59
I for one really hope for a discount. Headroom is great, and I would pay slightly more there than other online stores, but the brick and mortar Sweetwater down the street is selling many phones at or below the same cost and is a local buisiness. Is it just me or have the prices gone up (here I know for sure, but it seems that way for headphones in general)?

Feb 18, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #52 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
I for one really hope for a discount. Headroom is great, and I would pay slightly more there than other online stores, but the brick and mortar Sweetwater down the street is selling many phones at or below the same cost and is a local buisiness. Is it just me or have the prices gone up (here I know for sure, but it seems that way for headphones in general)?

As the dollar loses value against other currencies, prices rise to compensate. TVJ recently posted about price increases for AKG and Beyerdynamic products. So your observation is probably accurate.

I wonder if the used market will reflect the price increases?

BW

Feb 18, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #53 of 59
Quote:

...the brick and mortar Sweetwater down the street...

You are a lucky guy - Sweetwater has great service and unbelievable prices (I purchased my DAC1 from them for a substantial discount).

Feb 18, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #54 of 59
I think that all of the sites that receive so much business from headfi members (headroom, audiocubes, alessandro) should give a discount every once in a while at least. If it wasn't for this community, I would have never even heard of Beyer, AKG, Alessandro, etc. and I would probably be walking around with some lame Sony Streetstyles or low end Sennheiser's at best.

This place is both a gift and a curse.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #55 of 59
LOL im in the same boat, when I came here I knew pretty much nothing about headphones, never heard of grado, beyer, alessandro only really sony and sennheiser. Came here wanting to spend about £50 but since reading I think I will probably spend £120 on my next pair
eek.gif

Feb 19, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #56 of 59
FWIW - I got a MOH with Senn HD650s from HeadRoom a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to get a 5% discount for buying an amp-phones combo. I hadn't seen that mentioned on the website.

Dunno if it mattered that I placed my order on the phone. And it had nothing to do with Head-Fi.

Feb 19, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #57 of 59
Mar 1, 2005 at 12:06 AM Post #59 of 59
Way cool, and thanks for supporting this whacky headphone addiction! It is much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back