Headroom Portable Micro Amp vs. P-51 Mustang (Ray Samuels)
Jun 18, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 8
Thank you so much labrat! that's an incredible description, very helpful. Can you tell a little bit about the sound differences between them? like for example which one delivers the best bass? mediums? highs?

For what you say, I assume the Mustang's smaller?

Thanks,

Jun 25, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for pointing that out... I live in Montreal, Canada. Not very sure of how to get full potential from this community yet... but looking forward to do it! I already ordered the Headroom one... waiting for mr. postman to ring at my door.

Jul 3, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #8 of 8
I finally got the Headroom's Portable Micro Amp and I must say I love it. Thanks for all your guidances here.

Also, after spending money on 4 or 5 different "very good portable" models, around 2 years of trial and error and dissapointments, I finally got decent sound, much thanks to guidance in these forums.

I finally went for the Sennheiser 25-1 II. It's very sad to see that no really great portable headphones exist, but these are very good; not a consumer, commuter design (really a more "music professional" design I'd say) and all plastic but very good sound without being "heaven" as some people say. Being around 50 y/o, it's hard for me to believe still that back in the 70's and then 80's I knew better sounding cans than today's even with the technology advancements. I'm inclined to thing is more a matter of marketing (consume and throw away thing) today... I do remember the first Sony Walkman I heard... wow! what a sound. Where did all that go?

I use my new cans with loosless files (music) and either my Bithead portable amp or my new Headroom's Portable Micro amp. I hope someday soon, one company goes for the great headphones. Again, thanks for all this guidance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back