Headphoneus Supremus!
Jul 23, 2008 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
Headphoneus Supremus! Yay!

I have spent ~$200.

I have got CX300's still, Livewires, a USB soundacard (U Control), a broken cmoy, a working cmoy, a 4gb DAB D2, a Broken screen'd 4gb non-dab D2, an ALO Cryo IC, 2 pairs of stock cowon buds (comfy), 3x 8gb Adata class 6 sdhcs, MX500 buds, and an Etymotic case.

I have sold ER6i's and lots of tips, but unfortunatley they never turned up im told. Should have insisted on extra money for recorded shipping, live and learn! Going through the claims/insurance process now.

I have tried a Supermacro 3 and tested my therories on amped vs unamped, with my setup, lossy vs lossless difference amped and unamped. Thanks to Steven Kelby, soon i will be able to form my theories about cables and whether the change is more noticable than what i found with lossy vs lossless amped vs unamped and normal lossy music amped vs unamped.

This is thanks to some great people, and some great trades.

I will pay back to the community as you have all helped me as a young'un.

Thanks Head-fi!

I only want to upgrade my U Control DAC, to a Predator, more affordable, or a Pico, for occasional prtable use if the SQ increase warrants the size. Both cost too much for me as a 15 year old student, and justifying is hard too. Apart from that all i want now is a pair of balanced sounding, cheap, comfortable headphones for use at home, probably closed as the tv is distracting. Anything that can be driven easily from the u control, or harder to drive, and use the cMoy. I use my Livewires, MX500's or dads Sony MDRCD-280's. The livewires sound best, but isolate too much for home use, so i cant hear people call me for dinner etc. The MX500's and CD280's dont sound good enough.

Do i get a custom title now?
confused.gif

If not, how do you get it?!

Matt

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 39
congrats... so i'm assuming you spending ~$200 is your OWN money and not gifts? livewires alone would be over that! lool.

and i have no idea about taht custom title thing... maybe u have to donate munnies first =]

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 39
Congrats on attaining the lofty title of Headphoneus Supremus! We all have trouble trying to find the Supremus Forum once we make it, but it's that tab in the upper right hand corner.

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on attaining the lofty title of Headphoneus Supremus! We all have trouble trying to find the Supremus Forum once we make it, but it's that tab in the upper right hand corner.

You have to log out and reset your cookies. Then you should be able to see it when you log back in.

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #7 of 39
Well done!
Now on to the next 1500 posts, and of course an additional $200 (or more...).
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it really real?
eek.gif

Just 755 additional posts and you will find out.
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just 755 additional posts and you will find out.
wink.gif

I never heard of that before....!
eek.gif

I still have more than 1.1k to go NOOOOOOOOOO

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never heard of that before....!
eek.gif

I still have more than 1.1k to go NOOOOOOOOOO

LOL. If such a forum did exist, why would you want to converse with a bunch of post whores anyways
tongue.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're just jealous...
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

*It does not exist btw... I'm fairly convinced its a prank...*

I have a few hundred posts more to go before I find out he truth....
wink.gif
tongue.gif

(its fake)
tongue.gif

you have to be a user for 4+ years in addition to having 1500+ post to see that link to supremacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back