Headphones with the same comfort as Sennheiser HD438
Nov 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Arthass

Head-Fier
Hi
I bought recently Sennheiser HD438. Although comfort factor is superb I expect little different sound signature. First off I don't like little veiled and laid back highs and overall "shy" presentation. I guess I don't like Sennheiser sound style (didn't like PX100 too).
Is there any options with so great comfort but more forward presentation especially on highs? I mean I like pretty linear presentation, but I don't mind if midrange is a little upfront

btw so many "little" in one post lol I guess I need a little practice in english ;D

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 5
I think the same price range as hd438, max. 2xhd438 price.

ps. in the meantime I tried to eq hd438 (from 2K and up) and I achieved good results, now the signature comes close to my preferences (now it sounds not so far from Superlux HD668 clarity with more prominent bas). Despite this it'll be nice to know some alternatives

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I think the same price range as hd438, max. 2xhd438 price.

ps. in the meantime I tried to eq hd438 (from 2K and up) and I achieved good results, now the signature comes close to my preferences (now it sounds not so far from Superlux HD668 clarity with more prominent bas). Despite this it'll be nice to know some alternatives

Eh, well, prices fluctuate big time (I just noticed the HD448 costs like $20 less than the HD438 on Amazon, haha, weird)

Look into:

AKG K240 MKII (semi-open, lighter on bass, but all the mids & treble that you may be seeking)
Fischer Audio FA-011 (open, comfort, and everything you could want)
Fischer Audio FA-003 (closed, comfort, everything you could want) *high recommendation here (neutral)
Beyer DT770 PRO (closed, bass & treble, bright, all you're looking for, great comfort) *high recommendation here (bassy with bright treble)
Ultrasone HFI 580 (closed, bass & treble, bright)

Very best,

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for fast reply. I'll check them closely for sure. From the pictures I saw AKG K240 MKII seems to look just like Superlux HD-681. I have HD-668 (with velour pads from AKG K240) and I can tell that comfort is good but HD438 is like another level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back