Headphones with the best resolutions?
Apr 14, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #32 of 64
haha coming soon
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #33 of 64
resolution come on? No headphones have "resolution". Talk english
biggrin.gif

are we talking about clean sound, or headphones that pick up as much details on the recordings as possible or what are we talking about?

Apr 14, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #34 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
resolution come on? No headphones have "resolution". Talk english
biggrin.gif

are we talking about clean sound, or headphones that pick up as much details on the recordings as possible or what are we talking about?

Resolution is the presentation of the entire harmonic spectra, minimization of hysterisis, and reduction of sonic information lost due to FR non-linearity, and earcup and pinna reflections and interactions amoung other things.

It's also something you make at New Years'.

Apr 14, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #35 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Resolution is the presentation of the entire harmonic spectra, minimization of hysterisis, and reduction of sonic information lost due to FR non-linearity, and earcup and pinna reflections and interactions amoung other things.

Yup; something like that for sure!

And I always kinda tied in how it effects soundstage and imaging and all that other good stuff as a package.

As far as phones are concerned, while I haven't a lot of experience with a wide range of can types and manufacturers, I am very happy with the two phones that do I have in that price range for that criteria.

For "resolution" I would give both my Alessandro MS2i and Sennheiser HD600 good marks in that category.

Apr 14, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #36 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's also something you make at New Years'.

Wrong.

Definition of 'Resolution'.

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #37 of 64
hmm so headphone with a good soundstage automatically has good resolution? If so the Ultrasone Prolines should be great contenders lol.

Apr 14, 2007 at 11:11 AM Post #39 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definition of 'Resolution'.

I can hear more than 1024x768. Does that make me an audiophile?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm so headphone with a good soundstage automatically has good resolution? If so the Ultrasone Prolines should be great contenders lol.

No, not really. Imaging is one of the other major concerns. They interact, but are different issues.

Apr 15, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #42 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTERTECH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi for HIGHEND sound the hottest thing is earphones what you call earbuds iem etc they have the best resolution and beat so called traditional large headphones by a mile, SONY makes the best ones and are really cheap
forget about AKG K1000 GRADO GS1000 etc they just cant compete in resolution tonal balance and clarity with good earphones

Ummm... Pay shipping and you can have my Sony earbuds!!! I don't want them.
blink.gif

Apr 16, 2007 at 9:02 AM Post #45 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so MASTERTECH i'm looking for a set of earbuds which has more detail than k1000. which ones should i buy?

Hi , it depends how much you spend, I have run the following on
a HIGHEND amplifier and they sounded real good

Etymotic ER4S
Shure SE210

of the two I like the most the ER4S

cheers
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back