headphones with good synergy to Presonus Central Station?
Nov 2, 2007 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LostOne.TR

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking of switching my gear to the presonus central station to cover the job of both my Heed canamp and my beresford tc-7510. I plan on switching to the central station because I have multiple sources, and would like to have it feed my headphones and monitors. Also considering going balanced in the future, with the CS as part of that system feeding the signal to a balanced amp. My monitors already support both balanced and unbalanced inputs.

I was wondering what headphones synergize well with the HP out of the central station. Prefer to keep the price of the headphones $400 or less. I'm fine buying used/new.

I currently have a k701 and h600, but I'm curious to try other headphones. I'd just want to avoid picking up a can that synergizes poorly with the central station. Although this is the headphone forum, if the HP out of the central station is quite picky with synergism to headphones-- please tell me and I'll look into other hardware.

I listen to a wide variety of music; of which swings from alternative metal to classical to ballads with piano/accoustic guitar accompaniment. This is mostly fueled by whatever I'm in the mood for, so recomendations for general all around cans / genre specific can (in which case...I'd just pick up another headphone to complement this one) will all be greatly appreciated.

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 4
I love my CS and for the $300 that I paid it was a steal. Plenty of inputs and outputs, DAC, headamp...can't go wrong for the price.

I use my HD 650 with a balanced stock cable using the cue output and Darth Beyers from main. I don't like DT-880 or Grado 325i with CS.

I listen to mostly jazz and classical at home with the 650 as my main can.

Nov 2, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 4
Enjoying my DT990/600 as I type this.
cool.gif

I agree with GreatDane. Grados aren't at their best out of the CS.

Nov 4, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enjoying my DT990/600 as I type this.
cool.gif

I agree with GreatDane. Grados aren't at their best out of the CS.

Are the DT990's balanced by any chance?

And would you guys think a balanced akg k701, or even a single ended, could be farily well driven by the CS?

At this point, I'm pretty much sure I will get the CS. Will likely get a tiny bit of cash back even after buying a CS from selling my current amp and dac. And might put the money into going balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back