Headphones when your hair's wet?
Apr 8, 2008 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

indysmith

100+ Head-Fier
I'm guessing it's not a good idea, but I always want to put on my phones after i get out the shower and simply can't wait for my hair to dry and end up just trying my best not to get any moisture in there.
Has anyone ever had a bad experience using their phones with wet hair?
confused.gif
is there anything to worry about? is damp hair okay?

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 16
Here's my suggestion: Send that Grahm Slee to me and then get right with yourself. Kevin Sweeney Hinself.

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 16
Whenever I wore my quarter-modded KSC75s after a shower, moisture would always collect on the driver diaphragm, so it always made me nervous that I would damage them. I don't think this would be a problem if you don't cut a hole in the padding though.

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #9 of 16
I never put on any headphones while I have wet hair. I either wait for it to air dry, of blow dry before starting/continuing the listening session.

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's generally considered a bad idea to use electrostatic headphones with wet hair.

I would imagine.
eek.gif
That's kinda like saying "it may be unsafe to operate your Tesla Coil with wet hands".
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #12 of 16
I personally wouldnt do it. Not only due to wet hair but moist ears which may lead to condensation build up possibly on the drivers.

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's generally considered a bad idea to use electrostatic headphones with wet hair.

Exactly why I don't wear any of my 'phone when I have wet hair

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortalcoil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally wouldnt do it. Not only due to wet hair but moist ears which may lead to condensation build up possibly on the drivers.

Yes, I wait for my ears to dry out completely before I put on my good headphones.

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #15 of 16
Right after getting out of the shower always seems like the best time to listen critically for some reason doesn't it? Something about the white noise must reset your ears somehow. I always fear that wearing mine while my hear is damp will eventually make the headband musty so I wait until my hair is at least mostly dry personally. Plus, the 20 minutes allows that period where your hearing is a little muted from the white noise of the shower to pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back