Headphones to end it all so i can get back to enjoying the music!
Aug 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
Thanks for the info! If i were to buy blind i would probably get an LCD-2 to see what i think but I'm going to demo before i buy. I'm looking heaps forward to it as I haven't heard any headphones more high end than what i own
biggrin.gif

Buying blind...hmm that would actually suit the HE-500 better. It's more of a crowd pleaser. The Audeze's I find a learned art, at least for me. Took much more time to learn and like the Audeze sound whereas the HE-500 was instant. I would advise you to get a good amp to try out the LCD-3 with and spend a few hours if possible, depending on where you audition and in what circumstance. It takes some time to get used to it. A lot of people like it from the start, unfortunately that wasn't me. So just a heads up. Don't worry too much about which one you'll get. You'll enjoy both. It's not like it really matters as you'll most probably going to end up with both anyways. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
LCD-3 over LCD-2 in pretty much every way minus bass slam. Although LCD-3's slam is still quite nice. Also, LCD-3 has very nice sub bass. Reminds me of the Denon's with some dubstep. Aside that, LCD-3 all the way, including comfort. I actually prefer the LCD-2/3 over my Hifiman HE-500 for comfort.

In the best situation, I'd personally go for LCD-3 and HE-500/HE-6. Also, like me you can test out by getting both HE-500 and a LCD-2. These are both excellent values. Get used to both their sound and listen for a few months and then you can choose to upgrade whichever one you have more of an interest in. I ended up liking the LCD-2 more, so sold the LCD-2 and HE-500 to get the LCD-3.

Also, both Audeze and Hifiman have different signatures which take some time to get used to. Although each is very, very enjoyable. For example, if you get used to Hifiman's, then the Audeze's will seem boring at first for treble. On the other hand, when you get used to Audeze, the Hifiman can seem over energetic and unnecessary.

Pretty much every bass aspect is better on the Audeze. Vocals I find better on the LCD-2/3 over the Hifiman. HE-500 is wider, lacks depth and is excellent in treble and imaging. Very airy and speaker like. I'd say get both 
biggrin.gif

I have wondered about the HE 500 as well, as it is the first on my list for a Hi fi can. I'll have a Balanced Beyer 600 ohm to compare it to :3. Seeing as I LOVE the beyer sound I'd think the He 500 would a a logical step forward imo 

That and I'm gettin an Audio Gd 10.32 so I can have enough power to drive everything under the sun [for a while at least lol] 

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
I have wondered about the HE 500 as well, as it is the first on my list for a Hi fi can. I'll have a Balanced Beyer 600 ohm to compare it to :3. Seeing as I LOVE the beyer sound I'd think the He 500 would a a logical step forward imo 

That and I'm gettin an Audio Gd 10.32 so I can have enough power to drive everything under the sun [for a while at least lol] 

You should like the sound of HE-500. It'll have tighter and deep bass. Smooth extended highs with amazing air. SPEED! Midrange will blow you completely if you haven't heard anything better before. I know it shocked me completely when I first got it after my D2000. I hear good things about Audio GD amps. I personally found HE-500 to work well with anything. Although it scaled best with speaker amps. I've used Marantz and Emotiva primarily for HE-500. The Emotiva mini-x-a-100 might be something you could look into if you haven't already gotten the 10.32. Goes for $200 and works wonder. Check out the thread if you already haven't.

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

You should like the sound of HE-500. It'll have tighter and deep bass. Smooth extended highs with amazing air. SPEED! Midrange will blow you completely if you haven't heard anything better before. I know it shocked me completely when I first got it after my D2000. I hear good things about Audio GD amps. I personally found HE-500 to work well with anything. Although it scaled best with speaker amps. I've used Marantz and Emotiva primarily for HE-500. The Emotiva mini-x-a-100 might be something you could look into if you haven't already gotten the 10.32. Goes for $200 and works wonder. Check out the thread if you already haven't.

Well I loved the Dt 880 so the HE 500 is again a next step, And I don't own the 10.32 yet but I'm sold in getting it. As it has another  feature I need, a Dac with 2 RCA outputs and TosLInk and USB inputs. I have a tv and PC that need to be processed, in addition I want to go for a balanced amp for my Balanced Dt 880, not to mention I have a $200 Matrix M Stage, so I want something more expensive. But really the Audio Gd ONLY worries me in that people call them dark? But it's a Audio GD amp so it SHOULD NOT be anything like Fiio Dark. Plus Dark to Currawong proably refers to a slight tilt toward mids and bass, something that should work nice with the Bright Treble heavy cans I tend to buy in groaves

Any how, I wonder how it's mid range will compare to my soon to be balanced W1000x [L3000 Pads and Purrin's Mod] 

On the w1000x, I like the Akg K550, it has the Dt 880s bass and the w1000x mids. yet honestly in comparision to the w1000x directly... the W1000x well... Deficates bricks over the Akg K550 XD 
So those closed wooden mids are seductive! So clean, So clear and SO SEXY. I need a w3000 ANV asap q.q 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back