Headphones That Compliment The M100's. HE-400's? Or? Home Use Only.
Dec 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

payj

Head-Fier
Hello,

I have the M100's and they are great both amped and un-amped! However, the pads fatigue my ears after about an hour as they don't quite go over them completely. 

I will defiantly keep them as they are very portable, but would like something more based for home use and slightly more comfortable (to me). 

I have the Fiio E17, so whatever you suggest it must work well with that. 

My genre is Hip-Hop, Rap, Techno, and alternative just about in that order. Sometimes just techno if I'm in the mood. It can be funner to listen to especially with the M100's :)

So basically a similar sound.quality as the M100's just slightly larger. 

My thoughts are:

-Mad Dogs
-HE-400

Budget n o more than $330-$400.

Thanks

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 8
In doing a bit more research between the two maybe the 400's are actually the way to go?????

I read few reviews between the two and overall, the performance and quality goes to the 400. Amped, one reviewer said he even gave the bass a nod toward the 400.

Any thoughts on this. I am on my comp all night and would like to get a conversation going if I can. Ill be responding within 5 minutes of someones post.

ALL other suggestions welcome too.

Bottom line is I want the m100 sound and base to be the same if not better. Spend no more than $400, works with the E17, fits my genre good. Portability and open cans are a non issue this time around. This is for home only. I also need them to be VERY comfortable, which is a subjective statement, but I know some cans are less comfy than others. About 45 minutes to an hour into it with the M100's certain parts of my ear start to hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back