Headphones Revisited
Aug 15, 2006 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

erikzen

06 National Meet Co-Coordinator
100% THD and S/N = 0
What headphones did you have, get rid of, then buy again?

I just got my second pair of Koss KSC-35s. I used to have a pair, thought they were a tremendous value, but didn't listen to them for almost a year. At that time, I had a few pairs of headphones that were just collecting dust such as the PortaPros, D66, PX200, along with the KSC-35s. Out of all those portable phones I always found the sound of the KSC-35 to be the most satisfying. Still, since I was selling all my portable cans I decided to toss those into the sale.

Recently, I found myself needing a pair of lightweight, inexpensive, good sounding cans for vacation and just summer lounging around the house. I realized I didn't have anything so I ordered another pair of KSC-35s. They arrived the other day and I'm scratching my head as to why I got rid of these in the first place. I'm listening to Miles Davis, My Funny Valentine through them right now and I've got to say they give much more expensive headphones a run for their money. Not quite as detailed as my other cans but infinitely comfortable, easy to listen to, and an incredibly large soundstage.

It's good to have you back little KSC-35!

Aug 15, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 13
i've rebought three cans - the KSC35, the DT770, and the MS-1. and i think i'm going to have to buy the DT770 yet again. argh.

Aug 15, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 13
Only one I've done that with is the Grado hp2. Was stupid to let go the first time (especially while they were cheap); glad to have 'em back.

Let's see - I've sold off the RS1, RS2, HF1, HD650, K1000, K271s, W10vtg, W5000. I won't be seeing any of them again! Limited ATs and HP2 is all I need
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #4 of 13
Everything Ive sold has been sold for good... dont see myself wanting a DT770, MS2 or MS1 again any time soon, since my RS1 incorporates sonic characteristics of them all.

I have a bunch of KSC75s, and recently acquired a second HD580, Not sure if my tastes are changing but Im starting to enjoy my senns, much more than before. one looks like this
580smile.gif
, the heavily modded one looks like this
600smile.gif

Aug 15, 2006 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 13
KSC75 as #1 rebuy candidate.

I sometimes miss them, especially for rain walks with hat instead of umbrella or hood. I've given mine to my wife, but coupled with the PP headband. Borrowing wouldn't help thus...
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Everything Ive sold has been sold for good...

That's what I thought too, but here I am with another pair of KSC-35s. I don't see getting another pair of Eggos, DT931, HD25-1, HD 595, or any other cans I've bought and sold, but for some reason I had to get a pair of those little Koss marvels again.

Aug 15, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #10 of 13
I bought a pair of px100s again just to compare it with a newly bought px200.
I've been getting an awesome fit with them and personally they sounded superior to the px100. The px100 was gone again soon after
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #13 of 13
Haven't you stated, however, that you regret getting rid of your UR40's?
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Everything Ive sold has been sold for good... dont see myself wanting a DT770, MS2 or MS1 again any time soon, since my RS1 incorporates sonic characteristics of them all.

I have a bunch of KSC75s, and recently acquired a second HD580, Not sure if my tastes are changing but Im starting to enjoy my senns, much more than before. one looks like this
580smile.gif
, the heavily modded one looks like this
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back