Headphones recommendations
Aug 2, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 7
Any recommendations for headphone with Budget around around USD 400.
I am mostly into pop music.

thanks

How will you listen? What is your source device? At home listening, on-the-go (travel/commute) or transportable (at destination)?

For home listening and over-ear headphones, I really enjoyed my Beyerdynamic Amiron Home 'phones when I had them. Supremely comfortable but you would need an external DAC/amp to drive them properly, or a DAP with a decent amount of power. They are big and heavy though, but the sound from them is thoroughly musical and enjoyable.

Aug 2, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #3 of 7
How will you listen? What is your source device? At home listening, on-the-go (travel/commute) or transportable (at destination)?

For home listening and over-ear headphones, I really enjoyed my Beyerdynamic Amiron Home 'phones when I had them. Supremely comfortable but you would need an external DAC/amp to drive them properly, or a DAP with a decent amount of power. They are big and heavy though, but the sound from them is thoroughly musical and enjoyable.

I am planning to use they at home playing for MacBook Pro or iphone.

Aug 2, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 7
I have the Audio Technica ath-m50x and am very happy with them - my ears do get a little warm in the summer when I'm wearing them though. I've found the sound quality to be exceptional, that is in my limited experience.

Aug 2, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Any recommendations for headphone with Budget around around USD 400.
I am mostly into pop music. thanks
Does it matter if the headphones are open or closed?

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 7
With no other info, maybe Meze 99

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 7
There really needs to be a sticky about recommendations. With zero information about what your current set up is, what type of headphone you want, any likes or dislikes, and all that jazz, you really won't get much in the way of recommendations. You'll get the spaghetti on the wall response. Just seeing what sticks.

At that budget playing from a phone i'd recommend an iem such as the moondrop blessing 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back