"Headphones" Or "2.0 Speakers" setting?
Feb 7, 2008 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

foLster

New Head-Fier
I just recently bought HD555s, and am wondering if I should be setting it on "headphones" or speakers.. I asked a bunch of people that have the same headphones as me and the answers were mixed.. So I figured I'd come and ask you guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 8
Personally I use 2.0 just to ensure that no extra so-called "enhancements" are added by my programs. I think the best solution is just to use ASIO or ASIO4ALL and bypass Windows audio completely, that'll eliminate any worries.

Feb 7, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 8
Who recommended you to put it on "headphones" mode?

I already stated in the other thread that putting them on headphones would collapse the soundstage.... try them yourselves..

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by foLster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No one "reccommended" I was just curious, and asked a bunch of people.. And it was pretty 50/50

That pretty much is the definition of "recommending."
rolleyes.gif

Try the two out yourself and see which one you prefer.

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #7 of 8
and what soundcard do u have? for example, headphones mod on my old SB audigy Se is terrible, soundstage is weird and also sound is much less natural, i vote for 2.0 speakers
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 8
I put it on "no speakers" so as to make sure that there are no enhancements added... I still get sound; and, compared to "headphones" mode, "no speakers" mode has more soundstage to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back