headphones of the future
Feb 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

headphone man07

100+ Head-Fier
Hey head-fiers
I've been thinking recently, it's fashionable to wear a strip of shiny plastic on your head right ? what about in the future, will the general fashion have changed? will amazing sound quality be the norm in low end (in price) headphones (of course, varying types of sound quality) please, post your thoughts, what do you think will happen in the future, and literally, the future, 10 years from now or 500, your choice just tell me what you think.
These are my thoughts (your posts don't have to be in this format)
10 years- beats by dre will be going out and new 'phones will rush in to take its place. Beacuse of the increasing number of audiophiles these cans will not only sound good but look good as well
50 years- everyon will have amazing cans at low end prices and not in our terms but in standard street terms, iems at $40 over ears at $40 sounding as good as mid-fi priced cans now (of course $40 value now not $40 in 50 years because of inflation)
100 years- all standard cans will have eq changers (see http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-black) and all of them will sound amazing, closed cans will have closed the gap on open ones in terms of sound quality (mind the pun) and everyone will have acute audiophile ears.
THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS NOT FACT (don't comment on them)
please post in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back