Headphones Needed
Apr 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PadhAyo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I need to replace my Senns HD212 Pros. I'm thinking about going wireless -- but does that reduce the quality of the sound? I would assume so, but by how much?

Also, I would still like your input on some other Sennheisers that some of you may have had experience with. I'm looking one for that will block the noise from the outside, but also not letting in my music play outside.

My budget would have to be around, let's say $175. The headphone set will be for home use (nothing professional/DJ).

Apr 23, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 6
Virtually nobody on head-fi uses wireless headphones, and they're definitely frowned upon around here. In other words, yes, they constitute a huge SQ sacrifice.

If you really insist on closed headphones for home use, then you probably don't want a Senn. Depending on what you'll use them for and from what source (i.e., properly amped or no), you might want to look at something like an Audio Technica A700 or A900, or possibly an AKG K271S or old series Beyer DT770-80.

But do you really need closed, or does it just sound like a good idea to you? I ask because the better open headphones tend to outperform the better closed ones at any given price point. For home use, leakage and isolation are often not as serious a concern as they might be in, say, an office.

Finally, you're just going to have to give more information here before you can get any proper advice. We don't know enough yet to do more than shoot in the dark, and tell you to avoid wireless.

Apr 23, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't say that wireless would be the best choice, but I am one of those who can tell, I guess. Movies and music DVD's are great with them, IMO.
My wireless is simple GREAT one, much better than some of wire phones up there.
Unfortunately AKG have discounted all DIGITAL wireless and only FM's are available
frown.gif
But even FM's deliver a great sound for the money. You may think of AKG 787 latest model, but DIGITAL would be better choice.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back